Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 Auto-completion of #include, part 2

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
tailsu Posted - Sep 03 2007 : 07:56:15 AM
When trying to write #include <../something>, pressing the dot replaces <> with the first entry in the suggestion list, because VA thinks 'Since . is not a valid identifier, then the user wants to use the selected suggestion.', which is wrong - dots shouldn't select a suggestion when writing #include statements.
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
support Posted - Oct 29 2007 : 02:26:14 AM
case=8234 is fixed in Build 1614
feline Posted - Sep 04 2007 : 07:26:22 AM
I understand now. It would make more sense to allow you to type the dot in the #include statement:

case=8234
tailsu Posted - Sep 04 2007 : 03:21:26 AM
Okay, second attempt.

"VA Options -> Advanced -> suggestions -> display suggestion list and accept with: Any character not valid in a symbol" is, in fact the culprit. In the general case it works very well indeed.

However try doing the following:
Write #in - of course, you're prompted with two choices, pick any:

Let's say you now have #include "*cursor blinking*"

Now, try to write ../something.h
I'd expect to get #include "../something.h", but alas.

since . automatically accepts suggestions (as per options) it's not (directly) allowed in a path within an #include statement. But I think it should.

I hope this clarifies things.

feline Posted - Sep 03 2007 : 2:26:27 PM
I don't really understand. The option:

VA Options -> Advanced -> suggestions -> display suggestion list and accept with: Any character not valid in a symbol

may be a factor here, if you have it turned on.

When I type "#in" VA suggests both #include "" and #include <>
If I accept either of these, or type #include < manually after typing the opening bracket a listbox appears. Accepting an item from this listbox does not replace the angle brackets for me.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000