Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 1561 + Updating IntelliSense...

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
znakeeye Posted - Sep 16 2007 : 08:04:01 AM
I'm not sure if this is a problem with VAX or VS 2005 SP1, but every now and then VS hangs and I have to wait until this "Updating IntelliSense..." disappears.

If I disable VAX, the problem goes away. Also note that "Get content from default Intellisense" is NOT checked.

Anybody else suffering from this? I had the same problem with 1559, so it is not a new issue.
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Oct 30 2007 : 12:41:09 PM
See here for information on disabling the IDE's intellisense:

http://docs.wholetomato.com?W133
einaren Posted - Oct 30 2007 : 11:54:47 AM
From
http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=132651&SiteID=1

There is a undocumented way to disable C++ Intellisense:
Rename or delete the following file:
<VS root path>\\VC\\vcpackages\\feacp.dll
feline Posted - Oct 01 2007 : 4:22:44 PM
Most odd, but I am glad the problem is fixed.
Henrik Posted - Sep 30 2007 : 05:16:28 AM
After installing the SP 1 Beta for Vista the problem has gone - I doubt it was really related to a Vista problem, but it's gone now... strange...

Regards,
Henrik

feline Posted - Sep 26 2007 : 10:19:45 AM
Personally I don't spend much time running Vista either, but some of our users are using it as their primary OS.

Can you try deleting the NCB file from the root directory of the solution? I have seen corrupt NCB files cause various problems, including a crashing IDE. I have never seen exactly what you are describing, but it is a good place to start.
Henrik Posted - Sep 26 2007 : 03:24:38 AM
Yes, all patches are installed - even all hotfixes that are available at Microsoft Connect.
DevStudio is run as an administrator.
Since I run Vista only for testing purposes and only if I must ( ;-) ), I think have not seen this behaviour before - but I am not very sure about this.

Regards,
Henrik
feline Posted - Sep 25 2007 : 11:24:29 AM
Henrik that sounds like a much more serious problem. Have you seen this problem in any previous version of VA?

Are you running VS2005 as an administrator?
Have you installed VS2005 SP1 and the Vista specific VS2005 patch?

I have VS2005 with VA 1561 running here on Vista without any such problems, and the IDE's intellisense is enabled. This suggests it is not a general problem, so we need to find out why you are having this problem.
Henrik Posted - Sep 25 2007 : 06:40:42 AM
I have the same problem - Visual Studio 2005 freezes sometimes whilst updating Intellisense, but only on Vista.
The process does not recover, I have to kill Visual Studio 2005 then.
Without Visual Assist everything runs fine...

Henrik
feline Posted - Sep 18 2007 : 11:22:04 AM
This is almost certainly a clash between the IDE's intellisense parser and VA's parser. The status bar message sounds like it is coming from the IDE. All VA status bar messages should start with VA.

Can you try disabling the IDE's C++ intellisense as described here:

http://docs.wholetomato.com?W133

On larger projects the IDE's intellisense causes this problem all on its own, without having VA installed.
jorgito11 Posted - Sep 17 2007 : 9:24:47 PM
I am almost having the same problem. VS uses a lot of memory and runs slow. Sometimes, it just hangs or restarts. I uninstalled VAX and I have no problems. I jump back and forth from C#, C++/CLI and "native" C++.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000