Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 1611: Turning off highlight references by ESC

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
accord Posted - Oct 11 2007 : 08:05:23 AM
If I press ESC in IDE's editor to turn off highlight references, the feature turns off, but the checkbox remains checked.

Sorry about reporting a bug in a not released version, but I am using 1611, so cannot check in 1609. Maybe applies. Maybe helps.

Using VAX 1611 and VS2005 SP1 on C++ code.
WinXP SP2
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
support Posted - Apr 10 2008 : 01:14:24 AM
case=9364 is fixed in build 1632
feline Posted - Oct 15 2007 : 11:52:45 AM
Got it. As soon as I set my Find References Results window to floating I am seeing the same thing:

case=9364
accord Posted - Oct 12 2007 : 11:11:55 AM
Additional info, it may helps: I keep find references window on my secondary monitor. I have docked VA find references to a floating window in my secondary monitor (so NOT into the main window of the VS IDE).
feline Posted - Oct 12 2007 : 10:45:10 AM
I see exactly the same behaviour on a second machine running VS2005 and VA 1611
feline Posted - Oct 12 2007 : 10:43:54 AM
I am using win2k, VS2005 SP1, VA 1609
I have pinned Find References Results so it stays open, at the bottom of the screen.

"VA Options -> Advanced -> Refactoring -> Highlight references using" = Turned off

Sitting in a header file I run Find References on a class name.
No highlighting is applied in the source code.
I tick the check box "Highlight all" in the Find References Results window with the mouse
I click into the editor with the mouse, to make sure keyboard focus is here.
The class name is highlighted by VA
I press Escape, the highlighting is removed and the checkbox in Find References Results is unchecked.

Is your Find References Results pinned open, or set to auto hide?
I am not sure why I am seeing something different to you.
accord Posted - Oct 11 2007 : 3:14:06 PM
I have not turned on
"VA Options -> Advanced -> Refactoring -> Highlight references using"

You are not understand me. When I press ESC, the checkbox remains checked in the docked find references window. I am NOT talking about the next find references command...
So, after ESC, if I click on this checkbox, it will uncheck itself, and the highlight will turn on again. So it will produce inverted behavior: when I turn off VAX will highlight, and when I turn on again, VAX will disable highlighting.

Update: I thought it is a regression. But maybe it was the same in 15xx series
feline Posted - Oct 11 2007 : 1:20:36 PM
This is by design. Just because you have turned off highlighting temporarily we do not assume you always want it turned off.

Try turning off:

VA Options -> Advanced -> Refactoring -> Highlight references using

This way VA assumes you do not want highlighting by default, which is probably closer to what you want.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000