Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 Find references problem in Orcas beta 2

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
enigma Posted - Oct 22 2007 : 11:32:41 PM
VA's find reference cannot detect variables in the designer class. To reproduce the problem, try the following step:

• Create a Windows Form in Windows Form C# project

• Add a button to it

• Make a reference to the button control by putting in the following code:
    private void Form1_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)
    {
    button1.Enabled = false;
    }

• Place your mouse cursor at button1 and wait for the VA refactoring tool tip to appear.

• Click on the "Find reference" option, and you will only get 1 reference, namely this:
    button1.Enabled = false;

• You should also detect other references to button1 that are hidden inside the designer class, since this is the default behavior of Orcas find reference option

4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
bretheart Posted - Nov 01 2007 : 08:20:01 AM
Yeah he is right.....In VA 1614,the problem is fixed.... i am also using same VA1614....anyhow thx a lot
enigma Posted - Oct 23 2007 : 9:04:18 PM
I use VA 1614 and the problem goes away. It seems that the problem is fixed in VA 1614. Thank you for your help
enigma Posted - Oct 23 2007 : 8:52:30 PM
quote:
Originally posted by feline

Which version of VA are you using?

For me VA is returning 11 references in 2 files.

I started with a VS2005 form project, and this worked correctly there. I then opened the project in VS2008, and converted it, and and it still works correctly.

The solution contains the files "Form1.cs", "Form1.Designer.cs" and "Form1.resx"
The found references are in "Form1.cs" and "Form1.Designer.cs"

I am using 1609 in Orcas 2. Thought there was no ambiguity in my description because I specified Orcas in my post and 1609 was the only version that work with it.
feline Posted - Oct 23 2007 : 10:09:01 AM
Which version of VA are you using?

For me VA is returning 11 references in 2 files.

I started with a VS2005 form project, and this worked correctly there. I then opened the project in VS2008, and converted it, and and it still works correctly.

The solution contains the files "Form1.cs", "Form1.Designer.cs" and "Form1.resx"
The found references are in "Form1.cs" and "Form1.Designer.cs"

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000