Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 How to Automate Rename?

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
jackhab Posted - Oct 31 2007 : 09:05:08 AM
I'd like to build a macro which will help me to perform mass renaming. Is there any way to execute Rename command from VB code with parameters? Something like:

ExecuteCommand "VAssistXRename(""OldName"", ""NewName"")"

Thanks.
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Oct 31 2007 : 12:16:22 PM
This FAQ entry might offer some help:

http://docs.wholetomato.com?W382

Personally I have no real experience with IDE macro's, so I am not sure what the syntax is for trying to pass parameters when using ExecuteCommand.

The old name parameter will not work though, since VA's rename has to be triggered on the symbol you wish to rename.

Given you need to move the caret to the required place in the code file, I am not sure how much success you will have automating rename. I use an external program to automate VA for testing purposes (it just sends mouse and keyboard commands to the IDE) and moving the caret to the correct place (open file, find the correct line, find the symbol on the line) is a major part of the work.

Based on my experience, by the time you have defined the required movement commands, you might as well just run the rename manually - it will be faster and less error prone

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000