Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 1614: closing a tab blanks VA outline

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
steinsomers Posted - Nov 13 2007 : 05:03:52 AM
You have 2 or more files open in tabs, say cool.cpp and boring.cpp
You have a perfectly good VA outline of cool.cpp
Do "Close All But This" on the tab cool.cpp, or middle-click the tab boring.cpp to close it. The VA outline becomes blank and you need to switch views or files to get it back. Visual C++ 2005 SP1 on Windows XP.

BTW I assume this 1616 being mentioned is for alpha testers?
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Nov 14 2007 : 2:03:57 PM
Hopefully the fix for "close all but this" will fix both cases. they probably have the same cause.
steinsomers Posted - Nov 14 2007 : 1:08:27 PM
quote:
Using VS2005 and VA 1616 I am seeing the problem with "close all but this", but no problem using a middle click to close a tab

I still see the problem either way in my VA 1616 on Visual C++ 2005 Professional, Windows XP, all fully updated. But it's not important.
steinsomers Posted - Nov 14 2007 : 10:30:06 AM
quote:
1616 has actually been posted to the announcements section, just to confuse people

Can't argue with that: the "Sticky: Build 1614 available for download" message on top of the beta forum and the fact that automatic "Also check for new beta version" or Check Now don't find an upgrade is kind of confusing.
steinsomers Posted - Nov 13 2007 : 12:27:03 PM
Right indeed. I didn't even try that.
sean Posted - Nov 13 2007 : 12:04:07 PM
Clicking in the outline window will also cause it to refresh.

1616 is a release candidate.
feline Posted - Nov 13 2007 : 08:52:48 AM
1616 has actually been posted to the announcements section, just to confuse people

http://www.wholetomato.com/forum/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=18

Using VS2005 and VA 1616 I am seeing the problem with "close all but this", but no problem using a middle click to close a tab:

case=9894

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000