Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 Qt Integration v1.3.2 & VA X v10.4.1619 Problems

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
BoostMan Posted - Nov 23 2007 : 01:47:13 AM
Hi,

the integration pack for Trolltech's Qt isn't working together with your newest version v10.4 (all public betas, too). If I try to edit an UI form file all the text string are missing (same with editing a Qt resource file (.qrc). This problem does not exist with v10.3...

I hope you'll fix this in the next release (if the problem is on your side and not a problem by the Qt plug-in...)

I am using WinXP, VS2005, C++.

Thanks...

ps: Why isn't there an icon for SORT SELECTED LINES anymore?
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
support Posted - Apr 10 2008 : 01:37:46 AM
case=10126 is fixed in build 1632
support Posted - Dec 05 2007 : 5:57:41 PM
(you already know this, but the sake of formality...)
Case=9975 is fixed in Build 1623
feline Posted - Dec 05 2007 : 09:06:31 AM
The missing image has been fixed internally, but the fix is unlikely to show up in the next build - which is due very soon. Hopefully the one after that.
BoostMan Posted - Dec 05 2007 : 05:38:36 AM
Hi, thanks for the release candidate!!

Qt Integration seems o.k. to me now! (case=9975)
case=10126 (missing icon) is not included yet? (I know, it is just a cosmetic thing but having this feature in my toolbar without an icon is not that beautiful! :-) )
BoostMan Posted - Nov 27 2007 : 06:09:46 AM
Hi, yes, this is the problem....no text! :-(
Thanks...
feline Posted - Nov 26 2007 : 5:00:53 PM
Qt plug, assuming you are also seeing a problem with the "Qt Toolbox" window then I am seeing the same problem here:

case=9975
feline Posted - Nov 26 2007 : 10:03:53 AM
The missing icons first, this is a regression - apologies for that:

case=10126
BoostMan Posted - Nov 26 2007 : 02:25:33 AM
Hello,

I am using Qt v4.3.2 (commercial) - but I don't think that's the problem. It has something to so with the Qt Integration Pack v1.3.2 which is also a plug-in for Visual Studio. It is only available as a commercial tool from Trolltech and has the benefits of editing a user interface from withing VS2005 instead of using the Qt Designer (which does the same things).

So, I think since VA X v10.4 both plug-in do not work together harmonically...not all text strings of my designed UI are missing, the context menu of the Integration Pack does not show any text string either.

Regarding the icon problem: Oh, i put the SORT SELECTED LINES into my toolbar, no problem. But there's no .ico icon anymore for this command like it was in 10.3. I just see a grey flat button.
(and I did a clean install when changing to VA X 10.4).

Ok, thanks again for your time and I hope this might help you.

(ps: I am using VS2005 SP1 incl. KB930198)
feline Posted - Nov 23 2007 : 09:59:32 AM
Which version of Qt are you using?
It has been a while since I did any work with Qt, and I never used any Qt IDE plugin or integration when I did use Qt.

Are you simply opening these files in the text editor? Or something else?

For the sort lines icon, if you want to change the icons on the VA toolbar simply right click the IDE toolbar, select Customize, and then drag the Icon's you want from the VAssistX list onto the toolbar.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000