Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 Bug with latest version with Visual 2008

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Adequat Posted - Nov 23 2007 : 12:55:33 PM
Some characters are wrongly displayed.
Examples:

1) tabs are made visible and replaced with random characters.

2) something like:

CORE_EXTERN_H();

is displayed as:

CORE_EXTERN_e();

This is just a visibility thing because copy/paste to another editor, transfer the correct text.

But this is very random, this might not happen if the same text appears in another file.

If I switch VA off, the correct display appears again.
This happens on a freshly installed Vista Ultimate, with the release version of Visual 2008 and the latest VA build. This happens a lot! (making VA unusable)

The same thing does not happens with the same VA version on XP/Visual-2005, for a given file with the problem.

This being said, I have already seen this with VA (older build) under XP/Visual-2005. The problem did appear much less frequently, but it was impossible to remove. Very annoying because you think your code is damaged...

19   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Adequat Posted - Dec 11 2007 : 07:04:23 AM
Confirmed here :-)
support Posted - Dec 10 2007 : 8:10:19 PM
Case=10351 is fixed in Build 1624
feline Posted - Dec 07 2007 : 08:05:38 AM
We are working on a fix. Turning off bold operators is simply a temporary work around.
Adequat Posted - Dec 06 2007 : 4:08:01 PM
As a matter of fact, not having operators set to Bold prevents the problem. But I hope you have a better fix... Thanks.
feline Posted - Dec 06 2007 : 09:10:38 AM
We have been able to reproduce this internally with 1623 and are working on a fix:

case=10351

Do you have Operators set to be bold in the IDE's font and colour settings? If so turning this off, so operators are no longer bold seems to fix, or at least limit, the problem.
Adequat Posted - Dec 06 2007 : 07:51:16 AM
build 1623 has solved all the problems... until new cases today:

This:

connect(master->m_horzScrollBar, SIGNAL(SignalNewScrollPosition(int64)), m_horzScrollBar, SLOT(ScrollTo(int64)));

is displayed as:

connect(master->m_horzScrollBar, SIGNAL(SignalNewScrollPosition(int64)), m_horzScrollBar, SLOT(SLOT(Scr(int64)));

And

BuildShortcuts(g_mainMenuSeeds, ACT_MoveCaret, this, &g_wMainWindow->m_waveActionRegistry, 0);

is displayed as:

BuildShortcuts(g_mainMenuSeeds, ACT_MoveCaret, this, &g_wMainWindow->m_wMainWindow->m_wav, 0);
feline Posted - Nov 27 2007 : 5:37:37 PM
Adequat I have emailed you about this.
feline Posted - Nov 27 2007 : 2:50:15 PM
I have your settings now Adequat, thank you for these.

I am able to reproduce the problem here. This might be covered by:

case=8929
sean Posted - Nov 27 2007 : 10:57:11 AM
Sorry. Attachments are now accepted through the form.
feline Posted - Nov 27 2007 : 09:21:30 AM
*sigh* confirmed, the form works fine if you just use it, but it breaks with an attachment.

We have had this problem before, obviously it has come back with the website being updated.

If you submit a bug report you should be emailed by our bug tracking system. If you then reply to that email with an attachment the attachment should reach me without a problem. I will ask someone to fix the form, but that should do as a temporary work around.
Adequat Posted - Nov 27 2007 : 05:13:59 AM
http://www.wholetomato.com/support/contact.asp
...I did not get an answer. I have done another try...
It seems your system is not working. I send a file and I get as answer
"The file you requested cannot be found on our site."
feline Posted - Nov 26 2007 : 11:58:04 AM
Did you get a reply email telling you the files you sent had been received and assigned a case number? I am not seeing any sign of the files in the system.

If you have a confirmation email, did you select sales instead of technical support on the forum? I don't have access to the sales cases (I have enough tech support work to keep me busy) so I will have to wait for someone to move it to where I can see it if you did.
Adequat Posted - Nov 26 2007 : 07:01:05 AM
This bug is really annoying because it happens more than I though. Hence I tried to use an older version. You will certainly find interesting that:
1) The bug occurs in these builds: 1619/1618/1614
2) The bug disappears with build 1561.
So I have step back to 1561...
Adequat Posted - Nov 26 2007 : 06:26:42 AM
I should have added that Qt's plugin was not used on Vs 2008 where the problem happens most. So it can't be a conflict with this plugin (I give you this info because I see there is another thread about Qt's plugin).
Adequat Posted - Nov 25 2007 : 12:13:10 PM
Here a repro case, under XP/Vs2005 (with the setting files I sent you):
If I type in a CPP file the following:

DWORD sizeIn = sizeof(swt);

it is displayed as:

DWORD sizeIn = sizeof(siz);

And there is nothing I can do about it but Disabling VA from its menu. When I disable VA, the correct display appears automatically.
Adequat Posted - Nov 25 2007 : 12:00:00 PM
>How easily can you reproduce this problem?

It happens often. But for the time being I only use Vs 2005 where it happens less. But if I can have a repro case, I tell you.

> Which programming language are you using?

C++ only

>Do you have any other plugin's installed?

Qt integration. But this has nothing to do with the editor.

>The fact you have seen this before, with winXP and VS2005 bothers me.

And happens on my 2 different machines

>Please submit the files via the form:
>http://www.wholetomato.com/support/contact.asp

Done
feline Posted - Nov 24 2007 : 10:22:53 AM
How easily can you reproduce this problem?
Which programming language are you using?

Do you have any other plugin's installed?

The fact you have seen this before, with winXP and VS2005 bothers me. I don't recall any other reports of a problem like this, but obviously it is not that new.

Can you export your VA and IDE settings please:

VA Options -> Performance -> Export Settings

IDE tools menu -> Import and Export Settings -> Export selected environment settings

and then send me the settings files. I will then import them on a test system here, and see if that makes any difference.

Please submit the files via the form:

http://www.wholetomato.com/support/contact.asp

including this thread ID or URL in the description, so we can match it up.
Adequat Posted - Nov 24 2007 : 04:04:47 AM
On VS 2008 where the bug happens, the default VS font was used (Courrier new). On VS 2005 where the problem happened too, Bitstream Vera.
But frankly, I don't think the problem is here. This sounds maybe more like unitialized memory.
feline Posted - Nov 23 2007 : 5:41:02 PM
Which font are you using in the IDE? This reminds me of a bug report with the "Envy Code VS" font.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000