Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 1619: type coloring when using with cv in < >

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
.oisyn Posted - Nov 26 2007 : 5:57:44 PM
First I'd like to suggest to increase the number of characters in the topictitle, because I'm always having difficulties expressing the problem

The problem is, whenever you use a cv-qualified typedef-id as a template argument or cast destination (that is, whenever it is expressed between angle brackets), VA X decides to color ALL uses of that type in that sourcefile as if it where a variable. This only applies to typedef identifiers, not to the actual user defined types like class names. And also only if you put the cv-qualifiers in front of the type.

struct MyType { };
MyType * ptr = static_cast<MyType*>(0);
const MyType * ptr = static_cast<const MyType*>(0);

typedef MyType MyAlias;
MyAlias * ptr = static_cast<MyAlias*>(0);
const MyAlias * ptr = static_cast<MyAlias const*>(0);
const MyAlias * ptr = static_cast<const MyAlias*>(0); // culprit

The last line makes all occurences of 'MyAlias' be colored like variables. If you remove that last line, it is colored like a type as it should. When using a type directly instead of through a typedef, like in the MyType example, all is fine.

Naturally it also applies when you use volatile or const volatile.
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
support Posted - Jul 14 2008 : 2:52:05 PM
case=2352 is fixed in build 1645
case=17359 is fixed in build 1645
feline Posted - Jun 05 2008 : 11:23:09 AM
I am seeing the same effect here. Thank you for the clear description. I have put in a new bug for this regression:

case=17359

And I have increased the priority on case=2352 for you which will hopefully help. It is possible the fix for case=17359 will fix both problems, but I really don't know if it will or not.
.oisyn Posted - Jun 05 2008 : 07:16:54 AM
Move that class definition to a header and you'll notice the bug . Also, it applies to incomplete types in the same sourcefile (if you remove the braces behind the definition of CTestClassInAngleBrackets you'll see the bug appear as well)
feline Posted - Jun 03 2008 : 09:14:47 AM
If this is getting worse then that is definitely a problem. What sort of code are you seeing a problem with? I have just tried this simple example:

class CTestClassInAngleBrackets { };

static void testGeneralCode()
{
	std::vector<const CTestClassInAngleBrackets *> testVec;
}

and for me the colouring is correct.
.oisyn Posted - Jun 03 2008 : 06:47:46 AM
This is a friendly reminder that I'm still seeing this in build 1640
However, it doesn't seem to be limited to typedefs anymore - it now applies to direct types as well, which is pretty annoying as const types between angle brackets (for casting and template parameters) are pretty common.
feline Posted - Nov 27 2007 : 09:09:01 AM
I thought I recognised this. I believe this is:

case=2352

turning up in a slightly different context.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000