Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 Black background. Black fonts!

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
herrerik Posted - Dec 05 2007 : 05:40:00 AM
Hi

Using MVC2005 with VAX. Problem is I use a black background and the program colors all fonts that are NOT belonging to any of the preset "groups" black. That means while i write a new variable for example i cannot see it!

How to adress this problem?
Thanks
Erik
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Dec 05 2007 : 2:23:57 PM
The IDE font and colour settings are separate to the VA colour settings. Instead of trying to duplicate all of the IDE colour settings inside the VA options dialog we just keep the two sets largely separate.

Problems when changing colours, VA has to sneak around behind the IDE, and do things without its knowledge or permission to do the things it does, which sometimes causes problems. Unfortunately this is one of them, especially since generally speaking VA cannot read IDE settings until they have been saved out to disk.
herrerik Posted - Dec 05 2007 : 09:18:20 AM
yeah changing the "identifier" color did it. This is confusing though. Why isnt this color set with the others in VAX, especially since VAX changed this color from lightgrey to black when being installed...
feline Posted - Dec 05 2007 : 09:08:25 AM
In the IDE font and colour settings what colour have you set for "Identifier" and "Text"? Normally setting these two correctly for your black background is enough. You may need to restart the IDE for the changes to take effect.

Also see the section "Dark Backgrounds" here http://www.wholetomato.com/products/features/color.asp

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000