Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 Licensing information

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
.oisyn Posted - Dec 19 2007 : 09:28:56 AM
I found it quite hard to find licensing information on the wholetomato website. The licenses are n-user licenses, right? I myself have a 1 user license, which basically means a single user can run it on a number of PCs, is this correct?

The problem is, I currently have two PC's running at the same time, while I naturally only use one of them at any given moment. I have my other PC set up to synchronize with the source control server and build everything every night, so I'm always at the head revision when I need to make a quick fix while I'm in a large change on my regular work PC. I don't want to close Visual Studio on my work PC, but I can't use VS on the other PC together with VA X because it sees that the other PC is running VA X with the same license number.

Of course, usually this is a correct assumption, but in this case I'm still a single user so the license permits me to run VA X on both machines, but the actual software doesn't. Is there a way around the check, other than either buying another license, closing VS on one of my PCs or running a firewall to block the licensing check? I suppose there isn't otherwise the check wouldn't be there in the first place ;), but I thought I'd ask anyway...
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Dec 20 2007 : 10:56:25 AM
I have the email via the forum, and I have replied.
.oisyn Posted - Dec 20 2007 : 10:32:56 AM
That's very weird. Well, I've sent it via the webform as well.
feline Posted - Dec 20 2007 : 10:24:26 AM
I am not seeing any sign of any emails from you. I have checked both my inbox and my junk mail folder, it seems they are not reaching me at all.

Please reply via this forum:

http://www.wholetomato.com/support/contact.asp

This bypasses the whole email problem.
.oisyn Posted - Dec 20 2007 : 09:59:51 AM
I have replied to your e-mail several times, but I haven't got an answer yet, while my collegue (Patrick den B.) has. Perhaps something went wrong?
feline Posted - Dec 19 2007 : 09:55:44 AM
I have emailed you about this.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000