Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 1624 deadlocks between IDEs

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
st80rules Posted - Jan 11 2008 : 2:02:32 PM
Hi,

so in light of all that was said in the thread named "1624: VAX crashes randomly", I plunged and installed 1624 (standard version, no special dlls) Wednesday afternoon, and I'm glad to report that so far I haven't had a crash (like I had with versions post 1559), so this version seems to be quite stable for me.

BUT, I've had 2 occurrences of deadlocks between instances of the IDE. I routinely run 2 or 3 instances of VS 2003 C++, and twice since installing 1624 I've had one of the IDEs lock up with the message "VA X: Waiting for other instance of Visual Studio to flush DB...".

Both times the deadlock occurred while closing a project in one IDE, while the other IDEs are idle.

Norm
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Jan 14 2008 : 08:19:00 AM
Rain Dog can you please contact me via the form:

http://www.wholetomato.com/support/contact.asp

including this thread ID or URL in the description, so we can match it up.
Rain Dog Posted - Jan 14 2008 : 01:29:30 AM
I've experienced the same thing. Prior to the crash visual studio kindly consumed all of my memory, locking up my system in the process, then VAX crashed and displayed a few message boxes. After i closed that instance of the IDE my other opened ones displayed the "wating for other instnace..."
feline Posted - Jan 11 2008 : 2:13:26 PM
I have emailed you about this via the forum. It is possible if one IDE is experiencing the 1624 crash that this is then taking down the other IDE's as well.
st80rules Posted - Jan 11 2008 : 2:05:56 PM
Oh and I forgot to mention that when this happens, all my running IDEs are then locked up. Can't even close them, I have to kill them with the Windows Task Manager.

After some pondering, maybe it's another manifestation of the crashes I was having with versions post 1559?

Norm

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000