Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 1624: -> changed to >-

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Frunobulax Posted - Jan 17 2008 : 09:41:51 AM
Hi,

I changed a type from a struct to a boost::shared_ptr.

Consequently I had to change "iterator->second.member" to "iterator->second->member" in some places. Well, so I did, but afterwards all these places looked like "iterator->second>-member"! (The iterator coming from a map where the second entry had the type in question.)

This is reproducable in my real-life project. Changing the "->" (or ">-") back to a point, erasing the point (with backspace) and typing "->" results in a ">-".

And the coolest thing about it: For once I was able to reproduce the bug in a small code snippet :-)

#include <boost/shared_ptr.hpp>
#include <map>

struct myStruct {
    bool myMember;
};
typedef boost::shared_ptr<myStruct> myPtr;

void doSomething( void )
{
    myPtr test;

std::map<int, myPtr> myMap;

for (std::map<int, myPtr>::const_iterator it = myMap.begin(); it != myMap.end(); ++it) {
        if (it->second.myMember) {
            // do something
        }
    }
}

Change the dot in front of the red myMember to a "->", placing the caret behind the "." and using the key sequence Backspace - >, and you'll see "it->second>-myMember". (At least if you do it on my computer.)

Regards, Thomas
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Jan 17 2008 : 10:11:40 AM
I am seeing the same effect here. Thank you for the clear description.

case=9160

For me this only happens if you type "->" quickly. If you type this more slowly the characters are left the correct way round.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000