Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 1626: Toggle H/CPP stops working

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
swinefeaster Posted - Jan 31 2008 : 4:54:22 PM
This has just started happening the last few months and it's quite annoying. I can use Alt+G to go to the class definition and also function cpp definitions, but my hotkey for h/cpp does nothing. It's quite intermittent but continues to work on some files but stops on others. Seems also that it works everywhere when i first open a solution, but then gradually degrades.

Any thoughts?
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Feb 04 2008 : 2:16:39 PM
To be honest no. Process explorer will help you check which processes are running, but that's not the same.

From experience most programs do not install a global keyboard hook. Media players and screen shot tools are the main programs that I have seen do this.
swinefeaster Posted - Feb 04 2008 : 1:49:13 PM
bizarre! yes the toolbar button works. some app is stealing my Ctrl+` hotkey. i can't even type it in the "Press Shortcut Keys" edit in VC Options.

any idea how I can find out which app is eating my key?

thanks
feline Posted - Feb 01 2008 : 1:00:49 PM
Does the toolbar button work correctly?

If OFIW, if you filter it on the problem file name, without the extension, how many files are listed? Just two? More than two? I am wondering if VA is seeing a group of files, and somehow getting confused.
swinefeaster Posted - Feb 01 2008 : 12:50:20 PM
Yes the files appear in OFIW as well as FSIW.
feline Posted - Feb 01 2008 : 07:30:54 AM
What happens if you press the toolbar button for Alt-o?
Are all of the files listed in the OFIW dialog? Are they still listed if you close them, so they are not showing in the IDE?

The obvious reason for this is that VA cannot find the matching file.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000