Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 Again about the highlight current line problem :(

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
ingenious Posted - Feb 10 2008 : 8:19:01 PM
Hi,

I've written here before, read other topics, and still I have the problem again - the highlight current line color settings disappeared from the Fonts and Colors settings and I cannot get it back

Did a reset of the IDE, didn't help. Uninstalled VAX and installed it again - never asked me whether to reset the IDE during installation (build 1626). What to do? It's driving me crazy!!
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
ingenious Posted - Feb 13 2008 : 06:53:10 AM
Ah! It did appear! Finally

Thank you so much!
sean Posted - Feb 13 2008 : 12:54:09 AM
Try this:
Exit all instances of the vs2008
Delete this registry key (or rename if you want to be able to restore it):
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\\Software\\Microsoft\\VisualStudio\\9.0\\FontAndColors\\Cache
Start the IDE

Does the entry appear now?
ingenious Posted - Feb 11 2008 : 4:34:15 PM
No, nothing helps :(

I tried pasting the XML entry in the VS exported settings and importing them again - didn't help. Tried adding the keys from the other topic to the registry (replacing 8.0 with 9.0 for the version) - didn't help either. Did e reset of the IDE a few times, reinstalled VAX a few times and removing any related keys in the registry manually (it NEVER asked me whether to reset the IDE during install...). I ran out of ideas :(

I'm running Vista Business and Visual Studio 2008. Yesterday deinstalled VS 2005, but I hadn't have the option there too for a long time - just lived with the red dotted box. And I don't really want to reinstall the whole Visual Studio just for this option :(
feline Posted - Feb 11 2008 : 2:22:49 PM
I have searched both the forum and our bug system, and I can only find one mention of this problem:

http://forum.wholetomato.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6493&SearchTerms=Current,Line,(VAX)

You may find the registry key edit in that thread helpful. Do you have any other IDE's installed on your machine? Or only VS2008?

I am seeing this problem on one of my test systems:

case=12710
ingenious Posted - Feb 11 2008 : 12:29:49 PM
I mean that the "Current Line (VAX)" option has disappeared from the Fonts and Colors IDE dialog - a problem reported many times before. I use Windows Vista and VS2008. I simply cannot change the color of the dotted box :(
feline Posted - Feb 11 2008 : 09:59:43 AM
Which IDE are you using?
What OS are you using?

Do you mean the setting is not listed in the IDE options dialog box? So far I do not recall anyone else reporting that problem.

Or do you mean something else?

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000