Whole Tomato Software Forums
Whole Tomato Software Forums
Main Site | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 1626: boost::filesystem::path not recognized.

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
MrDoomMaster Posted - Mar 04 2008 : 4:59:08 PM
Hi,

In boost 1.34.1, there is a member boost::filesystem::path. Visual Assist will not recognize that this member exists in the popup dialog for members in the filesystem enumeration after typing the last colon.
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
gencha Posted - Mar 11 2009 : 10:14:57 AM
Great :) Thanks
feline Posted - Mar 11 2009 : 10:08:52 AM
Thank you, the screen shots are very helpful, I understand what you are doing now

I have put a note on the bug report about this.
gencha Posted - Mar 10 2009 : 5:59:25 PM
http://soqr.de/dump/issue.png
http://soqr.de/dump/issue_fix.png

Hope these help
feline Posted - Mar 10 2009 : 5:19:32 PM
I am seeing the same effect here with the underlining and the listbox. Thank you for the clear description.

case=24901

So far I cannot reproduce the fix by using "using namespace boost::filesystem". Can you post a short code example showing what you are doing?
gencha Posted - Mar 09 2009 : 09:04:42 AM
I got the same problem. Additionally "path" will get the red underline although the code compiles fine and suggestions are available for instances of "boost::filesystem::path".

As with my "red underline on iterators" issue this can be fixed by declaring "using namespace boost::filesystem". The red underline will disappear and "path" will appear in suggestions.
feline Posted - Mar 06 2008 : 4:01:17 PM
If you type "path" regardless and place the caret into it what, if anything, is shown in VA's context and definition fields?
"path" is suggested for me, using VS2005 and VA 1626 with boost 1.33.1, and the definition field shows:

class BOOST_FILESYSTEM_DECL path{...}

do you have "Get content from default Intellisense" turned on or off?

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000