Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 Surround selected text with #ifdef

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
fspafford Posted - Mar 10 2008 : 1:23:46 PM
This page:

http://wholetomato.com/products/features/surround.asp

says:

Specify the value for the #ifdef in the Visual Assist X options dialog. Surrounding is enabled in one place in the options dialog; the value for #ifdef is specified elsewhere since it relates only to C/C++. Though the option is grayed, the edit field still allows entry of the #ifdef value.

I am using the latest version with VS2005 but I don't see this field in the options dialog. What am I missing?

Thanks,

Frank
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Mar 10 2008 : 5:16:26 PM
Apologies for that, the documentation is out of date. In the VA 16xx builds we have replaced this options dialog setting with a VA Snippet. If you go into the VA Snippet editor and look for a snippet with the shortcut "#if" and the title "#ifdef (VA X)", this is the snippet that is used.

The default snippet triggers a dialog box that prompts you for the #ifdef condition, so you can accept the default or change it when you surround the code.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000