Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 html intellisense in aspx

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
ians Posted - Mar 12 2008 : 11:16:50 AM
Is there a way to make the intellisense work for html tags?

When you type '<' you see a list of all the possible tags but when you type any letter the list closes and you get nothing.

This has been annoying me for years. I'm using latest build. I'm sure this used to work 4 or so years ago...
12   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
ians Posted - Apr 22 2008 : 11:15:12 AM
It's working fine for me now that I did your ignore extension workaround for .aspx and .ascx files.
cheers
feline Posted - Apr 22 2008 : 11:12:38 AM
Using VS2005, VA 1632, I have created a new, default C# ASP website project. I then added a new "Web form" item, and turned off the check box "Place code in separate file", which added a new ASPX file to the project.

Is this what you meant?

I still cannot reproduce the problem. Building the page, or the entire website, makes no difference.

I do not know anything about ASPX, so if there is something specific I have to do, I probably have not done it.

alicia Posted - Apr 22 2008 : 10:34:09 AM
quote:
Originally posted by feline

As a temporary work around can you try going into:

VA Options -> Projects -> Extensions -> Extensions to ignore

and adding the file extensions of the pages you are working on to this list. Presumably ".aspx;.html;"

Hopefully this stop the problem from showing up, although I am not sure this is a proper fix.

I have just added a HTML file to my test project, but I do not have the option to build this page. Would anyone be able to send me a test project where they are seeing this problem, so I can try to reproduce it here? I know basically nothing about website development so I am not quite sure where to start.

It is with .aspx pages that do not have a codebehind file.
feline Posted - Apr 18 2008 : 10:38:44 AM
As a temporary work around can you try going into:

VA Options -> Projects -> Extensions -> Extensions to ignore

and adding the file extensions of the pages you are working on to this list. Presumably ".aspx;.html;"

Hopefully this stop the problem from showing up, although I am not sure this is a proper fix.

I have just added a HTML file to my test project, but I do not have the option to build this page. Would anyone be able to send me a test project where they are seeing this problem, so I can try to reproduce it here? I know basically nothing about website development so I am not quite sure where to start.
ians Posted - Apr 17 2008 : 10:52:09 AM
quote:
Originally posted by alicia

quote:

Can you both try upgrading to VA 1632 and see if this makes any difference please?

http://forum.wholetomato.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=7404

Using VAX 10.4.1632.0 and VS 2005 Pro. After I build my page, intellisense stops being useful.

Not sure why it says my last post was by n/a.

Me too on same setup as Alicia
alicia Posted - Apr 17 2008 : 10:23:35 AM
quote:

Can you both try upgrading to VA 1632 and see if this makes any difference please?

Using VAX 10.4.1632.0 and VS 2005 Pro. After I build my page, intellisense stops being useful.

Not sure why it says my last post was by n/a.
feline Posted - Apr 16 2008 : 10:45:04 AM

ians Posted - Apr 16 2008 : 05:05:48 AM
It still happens to me on a daily basis. Even when I first open the IDE and before or after I do a build. Restarting has no effect.
n/a Posted - Apr 15 2008 : 11:50:05 PM
I'm having this problem too and found out to to make it occur.

If I start a new instance of visual studio, load a project, go to a design view, type "<s>" the intellisense works and I get <samp></samp>. Build>>Build Page. I now type "<s>" and get <s></s>. HTML Intellisense no longer works. Right now I just disable Visual Assist when working on HTML pages, but it would be really nice to have this fixed. Thanks.
feline Posted - Mar 12 2008 : 2:33:55 PM
Odd, but I am glad the problem has gone away, at least for now. Next time you see this problem can you try just closing and reloading the IDE to see if that helps?
ians Posted - Mar 12 2008 : 12:59:52 PM
Sorry, it's VS2005 and VA 1626.

Yes I'm seeing it in all aspx and html files. Everything else works fine (.cs, .cpp files).

Interestingly since I posted that (and after a reboot) it's been working, so I guess you could call it intermittent.
feline Posted - Mar 12 2008 : 12:54:13 PM
Are you seeing this problem in all files?
Which IDE and version of VA are you using?

Using VS2005 and VA 1626 I have just created a new standard HTML file. In the source code view I started typing <ti

When I typed the < a listbox appeared, and as I typed the "ti" the current item in the listbox jumped to "title". The listbox is quite stable for me, and it stays put as I type.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000