Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 1626: Suggestions not completed correctly

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
o2a Posted - Apr 07 2008 : 10:37:55 AM
Hi,

the problem I mentioned recently, that suggestions get appended to the abbreviation (or whatever) instead of replacing it - Feline asked if I could reproduce it and now I can.

struct Test
{
	int justAnotherTest;
};

int main()
{
	Test test;
	test| // <dot><Esc>jat<Enter> -> jatjustAnotherTest
}

If you type the dot after test you get the usual completion list box with the members of Test. But if you cancel this and type on, e.g. jat as an abbreviation for the justAnotherTest member, you get a suggestion list box (automatically). If you confirm the suggestion which was triggered by jat, it doesn't replace the abbreviation but gets appended. This does not happen, if the abbreviation matches the beginning of the suggestion, e.g. if you type test.just.

Also this doesn't seem to happen with free identifiers (not part of classes), as they seem to trigger the completion box instead of suggestions in the situations mentioned above and this doesn't seem to have that problem. (But I'm not entirely sure, that I really never had this problem outside of classes.)

I first thought the suggestion-box would just not handle abbreviations at all, but you can add another member to Test, e.g. int justTesting. Then, if you type jat or jt the respective member is selected, but still incorrectly appended after the abbreviation, when you confirm it.

3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
rhummer Posted - Apr 07 2008 : 1:25:13 PM
Yeah, it seems fixed in the beta build that was just posted :)
accord Posted - Apr 07 2008 : 1:15:06 PM
Thank you for your help.

This is case=14290, and it seems to have been fixed internally already. Hopefully the fix will appear in the next build of VA.
rhummer Posted - Apr 07 2008 : 11:21:54 AM
I can confirm this also, though the work around I have found is to hit ctrl+space to bring up the list again and all will be right.

I can tell the list is incorrect because all the items in the list are not colored correctly they are all colored black, once I do ctrl+space the coloring is correct once again.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000