Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 Project level defines

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
rodgerb Posted - Apr 11 2008 : 2:46:53 PM
We have two projects in C++. One project has a preprocessor definition of SUPER (among other things like WIN32, _DEBUG, etc...) the other does not have it. The 2 projects share most of their code. Code meant for one but not the other looks like this:

#if defined(SUPER)
<code>
#endif

Visual Assist grays out the #if def'ed code even though the active project has SUPER in its list of preprocessor definitions. How can I get it to see the #define and NOT gray out the code? Why does VA ignore the preprocessor definitions?
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
sean Posted - Apr 11 2008 : 6:42:50 PM
The IDE should update the color when you make the appropriate project configuration active. I'm not sure if it takes a compile to kick in as well.
accord Posted - Apr 11 2008 : 5:25:09 PM
Yes, rhummer you remember correctly
This coloring is done by the IDE itself, even if you disable Visual Assist (VAssistX menu -> Enable/Disable Visual Assist X)
rhummer Posted - Apr 11 2008 : 4:17:51 PM
IIRC that is not VA X graying out the code at least for VS2005 and above, as the IDE is doing that. Which the IDE drawing is very flaky.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000