Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 Wrong text positions

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Ivan A. Fotan Posted - Apr 14 2008 : 12:19:04 PM
Can anybody explain why the text with the same text length produces different tabs calculations into VAX (build 1632, but the same trouble was into previous builds too). Turning off VAX solves the problem.
Font is "DejaVu LGC Sans Mono", but similar problem is with many fonts.

And again into build 1632 the problem with wrong text output when Envy Code font used is come back.

3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Apr 15 2008 : 10:47:45 AM
Which IDE and OS are you using? If you are using VS2005 or VS2008 can you please export your VA and IDE settings and send them to me:

VA Options -> Performance -> Export Settings
IDE tools menu -> Import and Export Settings -> Export selected environment settings

It is possible something beyond the font is required to reproduce this.

Please submit the files via the form:

http://www.wholetomato.com/support/contact.asp

including this thread ID or URL in the description, so we can match it up.
Ivan A. Fotan Posted - Apr 15 2008 : 03:31:43 AM
Sorry, didn't note extra tab character. Looks like the problem is fixed (it was exactly into previous builds).

By the way, second problem with Envy Code R font still remains:

With VAX enabled:

And with disabled VAX:

feline Posted - Apr 14 2008 : 1:31:53 PM
I do not understand the tab calculations problem. What am I supposed to be seeing in this screen shot that is wrong? It looks correct to me.

m_Comments is pushed over further, but there are three tabs before it, and only two tabs before m_Bookmarks.

How easily can you reproduce the problem with the wrong characters being drawn? So far I am not seeing any problems in VS2005 with VA 1632 and the font Envy Code R.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000