Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 Is there a problem with VA Snippet shortcuts

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Mike ONeill Posted - Apr 16 2008 : 06:30:58 AM
I have created a snippet "tbll" , as a newly created snippet , I now type tbll and I get tbArray and no sign of my new snippet

I have repeated with other snippets. gll gives global and so on

Is this a know bug ?

If I backspace and try again and agian eventually it shows

VS2008 pro Vax 1632 XPsp2
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Apr 23 2008 : 09:42:09 AM
This is strange. I have never noticed problems adding or removing snippets like this. The changes always take effect straight away for me.

If you machine was running at 100% CPU usage then this might explain the problem, since VA would have difficulties updating its snippet state as quickly as it wants. However this is just a wild theory.

If anyone notices this again can they try running a CPU meter, just to see if the CPU usage seems to be a factor or not?
jameso Posted - Apr 23 2008 : 06:48:38 AM
I get this occasionally, but I've never noticed a pattern and it usually clears itself in a couple of minutes (or when I reopen the file perhaps?)

James
Mike ONeill Posted - Apr 23 2008 : 04:48:00 AM
Seems to have fixed itself , I am confused !!!

I'll report back if it recurs
feline Posted - Apr 16 2008 : 10:57:00 AM
Using VS2008 and VA 1632 I have just added a snipped with no description, the shortcut "tbll" and a comment as the code. It is working immediately and correctly for me.

I am confused by your second post. Can you post a screen shot showing what you are seeing?

Does your windows user name contain Unicode characters? This has been known to cause problems for VA Snippets, and can be fixed by telling VA to store its symbol database in a different directory, with no Unicode characters in the path, as explained in this FAQ entry:

http://docs.wholetomato.com?W332
Mike ONeill Posted - Apr 16 2008 : 06:38:05 AM
PS it eventually shows as a single line item below the Listbox

I have Include VA Snippets in ListBox checked true

It seems to be all snippets as far as I can tell

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000