Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 Visual Studio Hanging on right-click

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
DrB Posted - Apr 18 2008 : 12:17:34 PM
I've had this problem ever since I installed 1632, but rolling back to 1626 doesn't help.

About 3-5 times per day, my visual studio 2008 hangs when I right-click on a variable in my C++ code. It's not in an infinite loop, no CPU is being used but the IDE is unresponsive and just shows an hour glass cursor.

I've let it sit that way for over half an hour while at lunch with no change.

Is this a VAX problem or visual studio?
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Apr 21 2008 : 07:56:48 AM
Can you please go to:

VA Options -> System Info -> Copy Info

and paste the details (from the clipboard) into this thread. This will give us the basic information about your setup.

Did you run VA 1626 before? I am wondering if the problem has always existed for you in VA 1626, or if VA 1626 used to work reliably on your system.

If VA 1626 used to work reliably then this might be some form of interaction problem between VA and something else on your system. Can you try disabling your anti-virus software and see if this makes any difference? Very occasionally anti-virus programs cause problems for VA.
DrB Posted - Apr 18 2008 : 1:12:21 PM
No other Visual Studio add-ins.

I am using VA with the default settings; nothing disabled.
feline Posted - Apr 18 2008 : 12:59:17 PM
To be honest I don't know what is causing this problem. Is VA active?

There was a problem, fixed several versions ago, where using a standard right click to show the IDE context menu while VA had disabled its self would cause the IDE to crash.

Do you have any other IDE plugins installed?

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000