Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 highlighting stl-terms

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
DXer Posted - Apr 22 2008 : 1:21:24 PM
Hi guys,

I'm not sure if I had the same error using build 1624, but now I'm using 1632 along with VS 2008 professional: Most terms of the STL (stable symbols, I think) are displayed in italic, even if they aren't part of the STL. For example:

class foo
{
public:
     void identity() {/**/}
     std::vector<int>& vector()   { return v; }
private:
     std::vector<int> v;
};

//...
foo f;
f.identity();
f.vector();

identity and vector are both methods, but coloured as classes and stable symbols. Is this a common issue or am I the only one till now?

Rgds DXer
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Apr 24 2008 : 07:35:28 AM
Yes, I was testing VA 1635 when I made that post
Rain Dog Posted - Apr 23 2008 : 8:55:33 PM
1635 seems to fix this issue.
feline Posted - Apr 23 2008 : 09:50:51 AM
*ah* I see the problem now that I know what to look at. I had been focusing on the function calls, not the function declarations.

This seems to have been improved / fixed for me using the next version of VA. We are hoping to post a new beta in the next few days.
Rain Dog Posted - Apr 23 2008 : 12:53:00 AM
In your reply feline, vector() is both italicized and blue while identity() is orange and normal font. From my perspective, that is a problem and incorrect behavior.
feline Posted - Apr 22 2008 : 3:16:41 PM
So far I am not seeing any problems. This is what I am seeing, VS2005 and VA 1632:

I assume this is different to what you are seeing. I have set functions to orange.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000