Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 -> corrected to >

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
architekt Posted - Apr 23 2008 : 5:42:55 PM
I'm using 1626 and VS2005 with SP1. I'm not sure what causes this, since it isn't 100% reproduceable, but sometimes when I type -> it gets autocorrected to >. For example:

mBoard->mLevel-> would become mBoard->mLevel> which is obviously not what I'm going for. I do not have "convert . to ->"
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Apr 25 2008 : 08:42:12 AM
The fact this happens even when typing slowly does suggest the surrounding code is a factor. Any clues either of you could provide, next time this happens will be most useful.
Frunobulax Posted - Apr 25 2008 : 07:31:57 AM
quote:
Originally posted by feline

When you have seen this before, do you remember if you could reproduce it, or was it a one off problem?

It is possible it is related to the exact code you are editing at the time. If so then you may be able to reproduce this, even when typing slowly.

I experienced that problem too. It was (at the time) 100% reproducible and would occur even if I typed very slowly. But since it happens very rarely it appears that some incorrect code in the source file in question triggers it.

Regards, tv
architekt Posted - Apr 24 2008 : 3:00:19 PM
It was sort of reproduceable. In the example I gave above, I backspaced after the erroneous >, and typed -> again and it would correct it. I can't recall exactly what I did to make it stop doing that, but I do recall retrying it a few times in a row without success. I'll pay closer attention next time. Being related to the code would make sense as to why it doesn't happen to me all that often (otherwise I'd go insane).
feline Posted - Apr 24 2008 : 2:54:50 PM
When you have seen this before, do you remember if you could reproduce it, or was it a one off problem?

It is possible it is related to the exact code you are editing at the time. If so then you may be able to reproduce this, even when typing slowly.
architekt Posted - Apr 24 2008 : 1:50:44 PM
I type pretty fast. Next time it happens (if at all after the upgrade) I'll let you know.
feline Posted - Apr 24 2008 : 07:34:34 AM
Can you try upgrading to VA 1635 and see if this helps?

http://www.wholetomato.com/downloads/default.asp

Does typing speed seem to be a factor? I am wondering if you type more slowly if the problem is less prone to happening.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000