Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 1635: boost::optional<> not parsed correctly

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
o2a Posted - Apr 23 2008 : 6:53:35 PM
It seems that boost::optional (from Boost Libs 1.35) is not parsed correctly with build 1635. Currently I have no time to have a closer look or create some stand-alone example; please say so if you absolutely need such.

If I use something like boost::optional<SomeStruct> test, I get at least the members of boost::optional itself, but VAX doesn't recognize the wrapped type (SomeStruct) and doesn't give a member listbox etc. for dereferencing accesses on test (like test-> or test.get().). It looks like VAX can't process the reference_type-member of boost::optional<> correctly.

Interestingly I used an alias for boost::optional (via using; didn't tried it with a typedef so far) first and VAX didn't even list the members of boost::optional for instances of this alias-type. When I changed the type of the instance to boost::optional directly the members showed up and stayed correctly even when I changed the type back to the alias and made VAX reparse it (but did not clean the DB or something).

Strange things. I'll have to have a closer look at this, but maybe these hints are already enough or the problem is known already.
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Apr 28 2008 : 6:20:10 PM
It turns out boost::optional is a known problem:

case=2154
feline Posted - Apr 24 2008 : 2:33:22 PM
I am seeing a problem with "boost::optional", I am using the simple test code:

#include <boost/optional.hpp>

struct stOptionalItems
{
	int nFruit;
	int nSquare;
	int nSphere;
};

static void testOptionalItem()
{
	boost::optional<stOptionalItems> optTest;
	optTest->nFruit;	// "nFruit" underlined as mistyped symbol
}

Have you always had problems with "boost::optional", or is this a new problem? I am seeing the same underlining problem in VA 1635 and VA 1561.

I am not seeing the same listbox problems as you are. Does turning on

VA Options -> Advanced -> Listboxes -> Get content from default Intellisense

help?

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000