Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 1639: syntax color problems

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
scottbilas Posted - May 22 2008 : 5:03:40 PM
I have noticed that when I a window has lost activation the colors of local vars change from gray to black.

Here's a screen shot. In the top half, I have selected the edit window on the left. Notice how local symbols are gray, and in the window on the right all locals are black. In the bottom half I have clicked on the right window, and the reverse is true. This didn't happen in 1626 (or 1635, though I'm not 100% sure about that).

Also, notice the "m_worldBankId" in the left window on both the upper and lower halves of the screen shot. This should all be gray, but but the 'm' in the member variable name is getting colored red.

5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - May 23 2008 : 1:22:56 PM
I am seeing the same effect here. Thank you for the clear description. This appears to be the same problem, it happens both with split code in a single window, or multiple windows open at the same time:

case=280
scottbilas Posted - May 23 2008 : 12:20:29 PM
I run my IDE in MDI mode. Tools | Options -> Environment -> General -> Window layout set to "Multiple documents". This is VS.NET 2005SP1.
accord Posted - May 23 2008 : 10:54:56 AM
Feline: (if you haven't read my email yet) I reproduced the focus lost by splitting the source window: dragging a source file tab and then selecting "New Vertical TAB group"

Scottbilas: I am also interested about how can you undock your source windows completelly. :-) (and since you are doing a slightly different thing, you may see an another bug)
feline Posted - May 23 2008 : 10:36:31 AM
What have you done in your IDE? Are these floating windows? I am seeing two title bars and two different file names.

I normally have my IDE set to show tabs for the open files.

Which IDE are you using?
accord Posted - May 22 2008 : 6:17:39 PM
I am seeing the same problem here, thank you for the clear description.
I will assign a case number soon.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000