Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 Method List Popup Focus Issue

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
phillipfoose Posted - Jun 04 2008 : 11:45:42 AM
I have a problem from time to time, where I'll use the Open File in Solution, then immdiately activate the method list drop down (alt-m) and begin to type.

If I type too quickly, the method list will popup, but my keystrokes will appear in the editor window, causing me to have to abort the method list drop down, undo the keystrokes, then re do the method list popup and type again.

I can pretty much repeat this at will.

I'm using VS.NET 2003 with a visual c++ project.

Using VAX 10.4.16350 built 2008.04.18
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
support Posted - Jul 14 2008 : 2:44:30 PM
case=8857 is fixed in build 1645
feline Posted - Jun 10 2008 : 05:46:41 AM
A change to try and address this has been made internally, hopefully it will show up in the next few beta builds.
JonnyOThan Posted - Jun 10 2008 : 12:52:16 AM
I have this same problem all the time. It's extremely frustrating when you are working with a source control plugin that checks out a file when it is first edited - you have to undo the changes and then revert the file.

It's awesome that VAX lets you work so quickly - we shouldn't have to slow down for this :)

If it matters, I also experience this in VS 2005.
phillipfoose Posted - Jun 04 2008 : 12:05:01 PM
Thanks for the response, it's easy enough to get around for now, just always frustrates me when it does happen... I need to take a few deep breaths and slow down.
feline Posted - Jun 04 2008 : 11:50:26 AM
I am seeing the same effect here. Thank you for the clear description.

case=8857

For now the solution is to give VA a few moments to catch up before opening the alt-m list.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000