Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 Snippets in a custom language

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Devo Posted - Jun 09 2008 : 12:39:20 PM
Hi,

Question
How do I get custom Visual Assist snippets in a file with a .flow extension?

Detail
I have a custom language that we're integrating into Visual Studio as a custom project type. The files all end with .flow and have their own language (i.e. not based on C++ etc). I would like to create custom Visual Assists snippets that only appear when you are in a .flow file. I do not want the existing C++ snippets to appear when you are in a .flow project.

Thanks in advanced for your help.
Stephen

(Additional: I love Visual Assist. )
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Dec 05 2008 : 08:15:25 AM
The case numbers refer to our bug tracking database, which is private:

http://docs.wholetomato.com?W318
Devo Posted - Dec 05 2008 : 03:44:24 AM
You mentioned there is a feature request (case=195) for this issue - is this something we can track online? Or is it purely an internal thing for your developers?
sean Posted - Dec 04 2008 : 3:43:03 PM
Note that in VA 10.5, HTML and JS snippets are defined in separate files but VA makes them available according to the current context (js snippets are offered in script blocks within html and asp files).
accord Posted - Dec 04 2008 : 2:57:19 PM
The snippet entries are stored as a plain text file, one per language, so you can merge them if you would like to.

Here is a FAQ entry about how can you manually edit VA Snippet entries:

http://support.wholetomato.com?W434
GroovyGregory Posted - Dec 03 2008 : 9:13:41 PM
Support!

it would be really cool to be able to make snippets for currently unsupported languages, f.ex. lua, python, css etc.
another feature-request concerning this:
- of course we have to be able to set the file-extension for the language, but would it also be possible to allow multiple "snippet-languages" per filetype? f.ex ".html" uses HTML, CSS and Javascript. ".xul" uses the same plus XUL. so it would be nice to have dialog where we can assign multiple "snippet-languages" to a filetype.

thanks!

greg
accord Posted - Jun 09 2008 : 4:57:58 PM
Unfortunately, you cannot use snippets in files with custom extension.

There is a feature request to be able do this:
case=195

For now, you can try out AceText for a workaround (www.acetext.com). With this software, you can insert your snippets to any text editor.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000