Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 autocomplete fails on std::size_t

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
jbettis Posted - Jun 09 2008 : 3:56:58 PM
When I type std::size_t<space> VAssistX replaces that with std::size_type and it drives me crazy.

How can I add std::size_t to the list so it will find that one first so I don't have to type std::size_t<esc><space>
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
jbettis Posted - Jun 10 2008 : 10:15:40 AM
If I highlight std::size_t and select VAssistX->Goto Implementation, it does nothing.

If I highlight std::size_type and select VAssistX->Goto Implementation, it takes me to xstring:501 std::basic_string::size_type.

And I tried both options for Get content from default Intellisense. size_type appears in both cases. However with the option set to on it doesn't autoreplace when I hit space, so maybe that is better.
feline Posted - Jun 10 2008 : 06:09:13 AM
I am not sure how to control the content of these listboxes. VS2005 cannot tell me where std::size_t is defined, even though this compiles quite happily. This suggests it is some form of special case.

Can you try turning On:

VA Options -> Advanced -> Listboxes -> Get content from default Intellisense

and see if this fixes the problem? It should help here, but you may find that other listboxes become more unreliable. Sometimes VA's intellisense is better, and sometimes the IDE's intellisense is better. It really depends on the exact details of your solution.

Can you please use alt-g on std::size_type? I am curious as to where this takes you.

It is possible that adding a "dummy" item next to this problem item, for "std::size_t" will fix this problem by adding std::size_t to the listboxes.
jbettis Posted - Jun 09 2008 : 6:16:10 PM
Repair case is on.
Get content from default intellisense is off.

In a new project neither std::size_t nor std::size_type show up in the autocomplete popup menu.

In my existing project std::size_type appears in the popup. If I click on std::size_type the VA View window shows it as std.basic_string<unsigned short>.size_type

Is there a way to manually add or remove items from the autocomplete list?
accord Posted - Jun 09 2008 : 6:05:50 PM
I cannot reproduce this problem.

When you type dot or arrow after a variable or :: after a namespace you are actually triggering a member listbox. If you do this in the IDE without VA installed you will find that the IDE accepts the current item in the listbox when you type any character not valid in a symbol.

The logic here seems to be that the listbox must be correct, so you obviously want to accept the current item. Currently VA is doing the same thing the IDE does, for consistency.

I think you have invalid content in the listbox, when you type std::size_t. So we have to figure out, why...

First, can you try this in a new, default project? Maybe there is something in your project that confuse our parser.
- Do you have VA Options -> Advanced -> Correction -> Repair case turned on?
- Do you have VA Options -> Advanced -> Listboxes -> Get content from default Intellisense turned on?
jbettis Posted - Jun 09 2008 : 5:19:48 PM
VS 2005 + VX 10.4.1640.0
accord Posted - Jun 09 2008 : 5:18:28 PM
Which version of VAX do you use?
I can type std::size_t quite happily using VAX 1640 and VS2008.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000