Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 Refactor class snippet?

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Hicks Posted - Jun 19 2008 : 8:27:30 PM
I'm using a modified version of the "Refactor Document Method" snippet for a project I'm working on. Rather than displaying the "ClassName::MethodName" as part of the comment using $SymbolContext$ I need to show "ClassName" on one line and "MethodName" on another.

Method name can be obtained using $SymbolName$, but I cannot find anything for the class name?

Currently I'm just copying the name before running the method and letting $clipboard$ handle it, but sometimes forget

Have I missed an obvious solution to this? Or is this not possible with the current snippets system?
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
support Posted - Jan 27 2009 : 10:03:48 PM
case=2050 is implemented in build 1715
New tokens are $NamespaceName$, $BaseClassName$, $ClassName$, $MethodName$, and $MethodArgs$.
These should not be used in refactoring snippets, although some work in the Document Method snippet, depending on where it's invoked (declaration vs. implementation).
feline Posted - Jun 20 2008 : 09:01:23 AM
Currently you cannot do this, although we are looking to add a ClassName token to VA Snippets:

case=2050

For now you could try adding the token $ClassName$ to your Document Method snippet. Since this is an unknown token VA will prompt you for the value, so you can dismiss the dialog if you have forgotten to copy the class name and then re-trigger Document Method when you have copied it.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000