Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 1640: String literals colorized

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Codeplug Posted - Jun 22 2008 : 8:06:43 PM
VC++ 6.0, cpp file.

Just upgraded to 1640 and all my string literals are crazy-colorized. I see that this is one of the few fixes in 1640 but I it doesn't seem to be working for me.

gg
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Jun 25 2008 : 08:14:59 AM
I doubt there is any point in sending the settings now. This reminds me of a very occasional problem we get after installing VA where VA's enhanced syntax colouring is not applied. A font and colour reset fixes that problem.

I have never been able to reproduce that problem on demand, and it seems to be very rare indeed, which is something.

Hopefully this will stay fixed for you.
Codeplug Posted - Jun 24 2008 : 4:28:17 PM
Well, I had found and read the original thread for case 16454 and tried some things:
First I set the "string" foreground font to black for "all windows". This resolved the issue. I couldn't reproduce any issues via text selection as in the original thread. I then set it back to "automatic". Issue remained resolved, even after IDE restart. I now can not get the issue to reproduce - which is good for me, but not so good for finding the root cause...

Perhaps the upgrade didn't initialized something to a known state - which I've since triggered? I believe I upgraded 1626->1640.

Let me know if you still would like me to upload settings (even though I can no longer reproduce it).

gg
feline Posted - Jun 24 2008 : 4:02:26 PM
First can you try pressing the button:

VC6 tools menu -> Options -> Format tab -> Reset All button

does this make any difference?

If this does not help can you please export your VA and IDE settings and send them to me. The VA settings are exported via:

VA Options -> Performance -> Export Settings

For the VC6 settings, can you use regedit to export the following key and all of its children:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\\Software\\Microsoft\\DevStudio\\6.0\
Please submit the files via the form:

http://www.wholetomato.com/support/contact.asp

including this thread ID or URL in the description, so we can match it up. I can then import your settings here and see if I can reproduce the problem.
Codeplug Posted - Jun 24 2008 : 1:51:58 PM
Automatic/Automatic showing black text on white background in the Sample area.

gg
feline Posted - Jun 23 2008 : 5:03:27 PM
*sigh* that looks just like case=16454, which is supposed to be fixed in VA 1640.

Can you please look in IDE Tools menu -> Options -> Format tab
With the category set to "source windows" what are foreground and background set to for "string" ?
Codeplug Posted - Jun 23 2008 : 09:58:15 AM
VA_X.dll file version 10.4.1640.0 built 2008.05.22
Licensed to:
VA X: <xxx> (1-user license) Support ends 2008.08.24
VA 6.0: <xxx> (1-user license)
MSDev.exe version 6.0.8355.2
Devshl.dll version 6.0.8355.0
Devedit.pkg version 6.0.9782.0
Font: Courier -13(Pixels)
Comctl32.dll version 5.82.2900.2982
Windows XP 5.1 Build 2600 Service Pack 2
2 processors

Thanks,
gg
feline Posted - Jun 23 2008 : 08:45:43 AM
Can you post a screen shot showing what you are seeing? It is possible you are seeing a different problem to the one fixed in VA 1640.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000