Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 Problem with vs2005 + va 10.4.1626.1

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
jasonme Posted - Jun 29 2008 : 12:13:24 PM
Hello,

I just installed visual assist 10.4.1626.1 using my licence codes we purchased. Although when I'm using vs 2005 after the installation, the property panel of all projects can't be shown. It is inferred from some operations that the panel has been created, although not shown correctly. This only happens after the installing VA. So how can I get my VS work back on track as before? Thanks!
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Jul 03 2008 : 08:39:56 AM
Do you ever work with more than monitor on your system?

If you have recently changed from two monitors to one monitor, or changed your screen resolution it is possible the properties dialog is appearing, but that it is not visible, since it is positioned to far to one side. So can you try loading the properties dialog and then using Alt-Space, m to turn on move mode, and then press the arrow keys to move the dialog around the screen.

If you do this while the IDE is Not maximised, so it can also move, what happens when you press the arrow keys? If the IDE its self moves then the properties dialog probably never appeared. But if the IDE stays put then this suggests the properties dialog is open and moving.
jasonme Posted - Jul 02 2008 : 11:32:12 PM
I tried a couple of ways to show the property panel:
1) In the solution explorer, I right click the project name, then choose Property at the end of the menu, nothing happens
2) In the toolbar, I choose Project-> xxxx Property, nothing happens (which is the same with Alt+F7)

I report this as a problem because before I install VA, everything works fine.

After I click the "property", normally nothing happens and nothing shows up. I don't get any error msg. But in certain occasions, VS 2005 just simply stops responding to anything I do. What appears to me, is that VS 2005 has created and shown the property dialog to me, but it doesn't really know in fact I can't see it.
feline Posted - Jul 02 2008 : 1:00:31 PM
How exactly are you trying to show the property panel?
What happens? Does something show up? Nothing show up? Do you get an error message?
jasonme Posted - Jul 02 2008 : 03:00:11 AM
Sorry for the late reply, I was onto something else.

Regarding to your proposal, I checked the "navigation bar" option. It is turned on all along. So I guess this is not the issue. Do you have any idea of what possibly could be the issue here? Thanks a lot of the help!
feline Posted - Jun 30 2008 : 3:46:27 PM
Assuming you are working in C++ can you see if:

IDE tools menu -> Options -> Text Editor -> C/C++ -> Navigation bar

is turned On or Off? If this is turned Off can you please turn it on and see if this helps?

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000