Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 1646: colons in method list (C++)

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
tom_seddon Posted - Jul 21 2008 : 3:17:02 PM
Hi,

Build 1646 puts colons in the method list. Now you must hold SHIFT when navigating the methods list. It would be quicker if you could still use '.', no matter how it is displayed (I don't think this would create an ambiguity.)

';' is already useful for distinguishing definitions and declarations, so this is not a suitable candidate, though it is indeed the unshifted version of ':' on many keyboards.

I note however that it now searches by multiple substrings, which I've been wanting for aages, so I feel a bit churlish complaining about this other point. However after using it for only a couple of hours my fingers are already getting annoyed ;)

Thanks,

--Tom
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
support Posted - Sep 13 2008 : 01:32:56 AM
case=18772 addresses allowing a dot to substitute for the scope resolution operator, e.g. foo.bar matches foo::bar

case=18772 is implemented in build 1649
feline Posted - Jul 22 2008 : 08:06:20 AM
Assuming you want to select foo::bar() why not use the search string foo bar, no need to type any dots or colons

You can also use foo bar -set to search for items containing both foo and bar, but not set.
accord Posted - Jul 21 2008 : 4:19:19 PM
There is a feature request to use "::" instead of "."
I have put a note on case to be able to use both "." and "::" in search terms (like in OSIW)

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000