Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 syntax coloring problem

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
physicsArete Posted - Aug 01 2008 : 2:49:14 PM
We recently purchased VA X for 10 people. One of our developers likes to use non standard colors. Specifically, a black background with white text. The problem is that if VA X is installed, even with syntax hilighting disabled (or VA X disabled) most of the text (I believe anything Visual Studio does not color by default) appears as black on a light background rather than light on a black background.

To see the problem, in the visual studio 2005 menu bar, go to
tools->options->environment->fonts and colors. In "show settings for:" select "Text Editor". in "Display items:" select "Plain Text". in "Item Foreground" select "White", and in "Item Background: select "Black".

How do we fix this?

3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
support Posted - Dec 01 2008 : 07:34:17 AM
case=9431 is implemented in build 1707
accord Posted - Aug 01 2008 : 4:21:23 PM
I tried to change Plain Text's background and text color, and I am seeing the same effect even with Visual Assist X uninstalled, so I think this part is not a Visual Assist X problem. You will need to change some other colors in order to fix this (for example: identifier color)

If Visual Assist X is installed, and syntax coloring is activated, the default colors are not the best for black background. You can read about this (and how to fix) here: (under "Dark Backgrounds" section)
http://www.wholetomato.com/products/features/color.asp

This part of the problem is a known issue, and we are planning to use better default colours when IDE is using a dark background:

case=9431
feline Posted - Aug 01 2008 : 4:11:18 PM
Does this FAQ entry help:

http://docs.wholetomato.com?W141

You may need to restart the IDE for the background colour change to take effect, I have seen this sometimes.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000