Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 disabling VA function parameters tooltip

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
tensor Posted - Aug 22 2008 : 10:46:15 AM
Is it possible to disable just the function parameters tooltip, when typing in paramters to a method/function call? VA provide tooooo much info and tooltip is to cluttered. I have looked through the whole configuration dialog tree and found nothing relevant...
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
accord Posted - Sep 04 2008 : 5:37:03 PM
We are trying to use as few options as possible to keep the options dialog simple.
I think "Get Content from default Intellisense" is a good idea and do not have major disadvantage for you.
tensor Posted - Aug 23 2008 : 07:17:52 AM
I found an option "Get Content from default Intellisense" which disables the tooltips generated with VA. It works for me. The baloon help states that it affects "parameter info and listboxes". I think it would be better to split this option into two: one for listboxes and one for parameter info tooltip.

The reason I like default parameter tooltips is that they are much smaller and do not contain the __in and other C preprocessor "garbage". It is simply easier to comprehend. I encountered Win32 API functions which produced 7 separate C tokens for a single parameter, that is just too much, and if the function has several arguments the tooltip is just unreadable. Also there were cases when the current parameter was not bolded.

And there is one minor bug with VA tooltips. If you disable VA from the menu while the VA parameter tooltip is shown, the tooltip does not go away on cursor moves outside of function parameters. It can only be dissmissed by clicking on it.
accord Posted - Aug 22 2008 : 1:23:31 PM
We do not provide such an option.
What is the main reason you do not like this tooltip?
Do you have any idea how can we make it better?

When this tooltip appears, the current parameter is bold, and it is enough if you only care about the currently bold item.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000