Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 Suggesion box replaces my code with wrong keywords

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Juggernaut Posted - Sep 07 2008 : 03:46:08 AM
Build 1647 / VStudio 2008 / C#.
Sometimes I get these strange suggestions. As soon as I hit "space" my keyword is replaced with the one in suggestion box (in this case #if).
(I have "complete suggestions with" - Tab only).
I must press Esc (or backspace) to get rid of it, finish typing keyword, but then it pops up again on the next keyword (e.g. when I start to write "public")

(If I disable VA VStudio correctly supplies "abstract" as a suggestion).
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Sep 10 2008 : 10:10:55 AM
That is a completion listbox, not a suggestion listbox. The number of items and the filtering toolbar show this. Not that this really helps explain where it came from.

Do you have:

IDE tools menu -> Options -> Text Editor -> C# -> IntelliSense -> Show completion list after a character is typed

turned on or off?

Once a completion listbox appears the IDE seems to assume that it must be correct, so it likes to accept the selected item, which is why the listbox is being accepted. The problem is that it is appearing and listing the wrong content.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000