Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 Help! Lost all syntax highlighting!

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
chahi Posted - Sep 11 2008 : 02:33:29 AM
Hello all.

Hoping you can help me out. I've been using Visual Assist X for about 6 months now, and it's been awesome. However, a few days ago all syntax highlighting stopped working; my file's highlighting just looks like regular Visual Studio 2005 highlighting. I've tried pressing the "Use Defaults" button under "Fonts and Colors", but it didn't solve the problem. I also tried rebuilding the symbol databases and clearing the cache; that didn't work either.

I'd really appreciate any help people can give me. Life, if you can call it that, without Visual Assist sucks!

Thanks.
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Sep 15 2008 : 3:45:54 PM
Can you please go to:

VA Options -> System Info -> Copy Info

and paste the details (from the clipboard) into your reply. This will give us the basic information about your setup.

Do you have any other IDE plugin's installed?

If you create a new default C++ project in a different directory do you see VA syntax highlighting?

If not can you please export your VA and IDE settings and send them to me:

VA Options -> Performance -> Export Settings
IDE tools menu -> Import and Export Settings -> Export selected environment settings

I can then import them here and see if I can reproduce the problem. Please submit the files via the form:

http://www.wholetomato.com/support/contact.asp

including this thread ID or URL in the description, so we can match it up.
chahi Posted - Sep 13 2008 : 3:11:11 PM
feline-
I tried installing VA 1649, but everything looks the same; no syntax highlighting.

I don't usually use VA coloring in tooltips and VA outline, but I turned it on to see if it worked and it actually does. So I guess the only place it's actually not showing up is in the text editor. Any thoughts?

Thanks again for helping me figure out what the problem is.
feline Posted - Sep 12 2008 : 10:08:09 AM
Can you try installing VA 1649, which has just been released. If the problem is related to a "bad" install of VA then installing a new build might help:

http://www.wholetomato.com/downloads/default.asp

Does VA colouring work anywhere? What about tooltips and VA Outline? This is assuming you have turned on applying colouring to these places in VA options.
chahi Posted - Sep 11 2008 : 2:24:24 PM
feline-
I tried the "Use Defaults" button in both the IDE options and Visual Assist's options, and it didn't solve the problem. Thanks for trying to help, though.
feline Posted - Sep 11 2008 : 10:47:07 AM
Did you try the Use Defaults button in the IDE or VA options dialog? Can you try pressing the button:

IDE tools menu -> Options -> Environment -> Fonts and Colors -> Use Defaults

in the IDE options dialog and see if this makes any difference?

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000