Whole Tomato Software Forums
Whole Tomato Software Forums
Main Site | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 VA Outline poops out at ~50 methods per class?

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
jimtom Posted - Sep 11 2008 : 2:02:52 PM
I love VA Outline. That (together with editor line highlighting) is what sold me on VAX.

I do have one problem, though. I have one class with about 65 methods and VA Outline only shows me about 50 of them. Is this a limitation of VAX or is there something I am missing?

I am using Version 10.4.1647.0 built 2008.07.030 from VS2005 on a native C++ project.

Thanks,
Jim Tomlin
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
jimtom Posted - Sep 12 2008 : 2:05:05 PM
That's it -- there was a missing brace inside an #if 0 block that confused the VAX parser. So VAX requires somewhat valid syntax even where the C++ compiler is blind. I can now see all my (many) class methods.

Thanks for the help!
feline Posted - Sep 12 2008 : 10:05:18 AM
Are all of the methods showing in the alt-m list?

I am wondering if there is something in your file that is confusing our parser, if so the problem may show up in the alt-m list and other places as well.
accord Posted - Sep 11 2008 : 2:21:21 PM
Outline should show all methods.
Can you give me an example where VA Outline shows less methods than you have in the file?
Or can you send me the file itself to see what the problem is? Normally this is not possible, but it is worth asking. You can do it easily by submitting by using this form:

http://www.wholetomato.com/support/contact.asp

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000