Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 Distinguishing Between Overloaded Methods

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
jmatthias Posted - Oct 07 2008 : 12:07:44 PM
VA does not seem to be able to tell the difference between overloaded methods. e.g. if you select 'Find References' for an overloaded method, VA will return the references to all overloaded versions of the method instead of just the one version that was selected.

Will this ever be fixed? I assume you current only store the method name instead of a 'mangled' version of the name that includes parameter information.
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Oct 20 2008 : 09:43:07 AM
It is on our list of things to fix, but it is a hard problem. You have to allow for implicit casts, overloaded casting operators, etc, to try and work out which overload is actually being called.
yaro Posted - Oct 19 2008 : 05:29:01 AM
I also noticed this problem when trying to rename a method - it renames all of them regardless of parameters. This is not very nice. Are there any plans to fix this in near future?
accord Posted - Oct 07 2008 : 3:21:40 PM
Differentiate between overloaded methods in find references is on our list to consider:

case=2732

But don't hold your breath: our parser don't understand overloaded methods currently, this is why alt-g does not know which overload to jump to, and offers you all of them.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000