Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 escape not closing popups

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
jamesford42 Posted - Dec 21 2008 : 12:14:26 AM
The subject says it all...

In particular, when filling out a function call with the arguments I am passing in, I get a popup that appears above showing autocomplete options, and a popup that appears below showing the function declaration and comments from the header.

Hitting escape will hide the top popup but the bottom one seems impossible to get rid of...

This is a major pain because if i just need to read a variable name that's right under it i have to stop typing and reposition the cursor to get rid of it. And then of course it appears again as soon as i start typing again...

Actually that lower popup seems to originate from VS itself, but i could have 'sworn' that it use to close when i hit escape and it doesn't seem to be doing that since installing VA.

Any hints?

Just noticed something else... Selecting an entry on the upper (autocomplete) popup expands a larger popup with header docs for that method. However it tends to flicker on/off in a really annoying way.

Heres my system info:

VA_X.dll file version 10.4.1649.0 built 2008.09.09
Licensed to:
VA X: [email protected] (Non-renewable license) Support ends 2009.04.24
DevEnv.exe version 9.0.21022.8
msenv.dll version 9.0.21022.8
Font: Consolas 15(Pixels)
Comctl32.dll version 6.10.6001.18000
Windows Vista 6.0 Build 6001 Service Pack 1
4 processors

Platform: Custom
Stable Includes:

Other Includes:

Stable Source Directories:

4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Dec 23 2008 : 11:21:35 AM
These things happen
jamesford42 Posted - Dec 22 2008 : 8:56:29 PM
Horray fixed!

Sorry I misdiagnosed VAX as the culprite. Turns out escape wasn't working for anything and a logitech keyboard driver reinstall fixed it up nicely.

Yeah pretty dumb mistake its just i don't hit escape a lot outside of visual studio...
feline Posted - Dec 22 2008 : 5:48:37 PM
Which language are you programming in?

Can you post a screen shot showing these popup's? This FAQ entry might help with posting a screen shot:

http://docs.wholetomato.com?W128

I have just tried Escape on the Open Files and Find Symbols dialogs, and both of them are closed for me. Are you running any system utilities that might be trapping the Escape key?

Have you re-mapped Escape to some "odd" command in the IDE keyboard shortcuts settings?
jamesford42 Posted - Dec 21 2008 : 12:17:53 AM
Escape also does not close the alt-shift-f (VA find file) or alt-shift-s (find symbol) windows.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000