Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 1711: OFIW stops working after ch'ging prj on disk

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
tom_seddon Posted - Jan 09 2009 : 1:21:19 PM
Hi

If you change a .vcproj file on disk (e.g., by getting latest from source contro) then opt to reload the project in VS, OFIW stops working. The dialog opens and closes correctly, but it never displays any files. The title permanently reads "Parsing...".

This used to work fine in VAX 16xx.

Thanks,

--Tom

P.S. Subject text box for forum far too small.
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
tom_seddon Posted - Jan 22 2009 : 11:30:59 AM
I haven't actually seen this since, though it was happening all the time at one point, coinciding with the time I installed VAX 1711. So, curious, but I guess VA must not be at fault here. Sorry to cast aspersions!

Thanks,

--Tom
sean Posted - Jan 13 2009 : 02:09:50 AM
I haven't been able to reproduce this problem. Are you seeing this problem in multiple solutions? When the dialog title reads "Parsing...", is the VS process CPU busy or idle? Which IDE are you using?
tom_seddon Posted - Jan 09 2009 : 1:23:58 PM
By the way, I am suspicious that experiencing this makes it more likely that VS will get stuck when exiting, but it doesn't happen often enough for me to be sure. I will keep an eye on this though!

--Tom

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000