Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 1711-1715 in VC6 error report

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
lwhs Posted - Jan 31 2009 : 08:03:02 AM
VC 6, Windows XP SP3
When 1711-1715 use a rencent Workspaces hang up with VA_X Sorting ...
and after ALT-X cause invisiable MSDEV.EXE still stay in task lists and may crash in later when reuse MSDEV or switch to another Workspaces very slowly
but 1649 no this problem!
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Feb 05 2009 : 09:27:07 AM
Can you please go to:

VA Options -> System Info -> Copy Info

and paste the details (from the clipboard) into your reply. This will give us the basic information about your setup.

Do you see this problem in a new, default workspace?

If so this suggests there is something in the stable include directories that is confusing VA.
lwhs Posted - Feb 04 2009 : 8:07:41 PM
VC6 SP5 MSDEV ALT-F-x cause invisiable MSDEV.EXE always stay in task lists until reboot the windows XP SP3 system
VAX 1711-1715 open any Workspaces hang up with VA_X Sorting ...
somtimes VAX 1711-1715 is 50% cpu use,I use a two-core CPU.
reenter MSDEV ALT-F-x cause another invisiable MSDEV.EXE always stay in task lists ...
feline Posted - Feb 02 2009 : 12:50:01 PM
Is this workspace on a local drive or some form of network drive?

Can you please try loading VC6, but not the workspace, and then pressing the button:

VA Options -> Performance -> Rebuild symbol databases

then reload VC6 and load this problem workspace. Does this make any difference at all?

If you are still seeing this problem can you please turn on VA logging, then reproduce the problem. Please see this FAQ for details of turning on VA's logging, and sending us the log files

http://docs.wholetomato.com?W305

Also once VC6 has hung can you try loading a second instance of VC6, attaching this to the hung process, and saving out a mini dump file? If possible this should give us more information about the problem you are having.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000