Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 1715: Problem with files defined in VA-X Settings

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
xMRi Posted - Feb 06 2009 : 03:41:00 AM
I have a large "static" Library and corresponding include files.
All my programs are using this. Its like my personal MFC.

So I added the directories for the Source Code and for the include files to the VA-X Options -> Project -> Stable include files and Source files.

But it happens that I have to make some changes to that Library or header files.

So I open the project that includes all those CPP and H files.

But surprise. Opening the VA-X "Find symbol" dialog shows an empty dialog. Yes he is correct. This symbols belong to files in the VA-X Project settings, but I have a project were this files are explicitly member. SO the symbols should appear.

The "Find symbol" dialog should only exclude the symbols if the files were they are defined are not explicitly part of the project.

Hope this make sense...
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Feb 09 2009 : 08:43:40 AM
I think this is by design then. This is a known edge case. Normally files in a solution are not expected to be in the stable include directories, since the stable include directories are treated differently to normal code directories.

VA has recently been changed to remember the state of this check box, so you only have to uncheck it once, and then each time you open the dialog all of the symbols should be shown.
xMRi Posted - Feb 09 2009 : 01:51:15 AM
If the check box is not checked the symbols appear.
HTH
feline Posted - Feb 06 2009 : 09:21:56 AM
What effect, if any, does the checkbox "Show only symbols defined in current solution" in the Find Symbol dialog have?

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000