Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 Another suggestion Problem in .aspx pages

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
JefferyS Posted - Feb 18 2009 : 5:22:31 PM
Forgot about this one.

I'll type in the following: <asp:Label id="lbl" runat=
Right after I type runat= the IDE throws in the quotes and then a list box pops up with Server in it. I arrow down to select server hit enter.
The word server goes in the quotes and then another quote(") is added at the end and then VAX will pop up it's own list box for suggestions.

I have an image if you want it, but didn't see how to attach it to this post.

Thanks,

JefferyS
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
support Posted - Mar 17 2011 : 11:51:13 PM
case=24178 is fixed in build 1845
support Posted - Mar 08 2010 : 04:11:36 AM
case=39884 is a similar case regarding extraneous quotes when accepting suggestions in ASP/ASP.NET.
case=39884 is fixed in build 1814
feline Posted - Mar 30 2009 : 11:44:01 AM
Unfortunately case=24178 has not yet been fixed. This thread should be updated when the case is fixed.
JefferyS Posted - Mar 29 2009 : 9:09:33 PM
I've installed the beta 1721. I don't know if they have worked on this problem, but I'm still having this problem.

Thanks,

JefferyS
accord Posted - Feb 24 2009 : 5:13:28 PM
Yes it have.

If I turn on

IDE tools menu -> Options -> Text Editor -> HTML -> Format -> Insert attribute value quotes when typing

I get "|" after typing runat= using VS2008.
I did not get them before, because it was turned off by default.
feline Posted - Feb 23 2009 : 4:17:37 PM
Does this option have any effect for either of you? I am testing in VS2005, and I have:

IDE tools menu -> Options -> Text Editor -> HTML -> Format -> Insert attribute value quotes when typing = Off

but I am still getting the closing double quotes from the IDE when I accept "server" from the listbox.
accord Posted - Feb 21 2009 : 2:19:33 PM
>Text Editor > HTML > Format to "Insert attribute value quotes when typing" so after typing runat= VS throws in "" for me.
*ah* It explains why are you seeing a different behavior. Thank you for shedding light on it!

Your problem was reproducible without this behavior, but I was wondering why are you seeing a different thing.
JefferyS Posted - Feb 20 2009 : 5:21:41 PM
Accord,
I sent the picture in through the contact form so you can see it. In visual studio 2005 & 2008 there is an option under Text Editor > HTML > Format to "Insert attribute value quotes when typing" so after typing runat= VS throws in "" for me. I'll turn that off and see how it goes. Don't want to turn any thing off in VAX
Running VS2008 with VAX 1715.

Thanks,

JefferyS
feline Posted - Feb 19 2009 : 6:37:45 PM
This FAQ entry should help with attaching a picture:

http://docs.wholetomato.com?W128

I am seeing the same problem, thank you for the clear description:

case=24178

For now you may want to turn off:

VA Options -> Advanced -> Correction -> insert () and closing } ) ] ' "

If you type the same line with VA disabled the IDE listbox for "server" appears when the line reads:

<asp:Label ID="lbl" runat="

and when you accept "server" you get:

<asp:Label ID="lbl" runat="server"

so the extra double quotes are caused by VA inserting matching double quotes.
accord Posted - Feb 19 2009 : 6:36:09 PM
You can send the picture to us, via the form:

http://www.wholetomato.com/support/contact.asp

including this thread ID or URL in the description, so we can match it up.

I'm having troubles reproducing your problem. I have never used aspx before, so can you confirm that I'm doing the right thing here? I just created a new "ASP.NET Web Application" in VS2008, then I typed your example after <div>:

[...]
<body>
    <form id="form1" runat="server">
    <div>
        <asp:Label id="lbl" runat=

After runat= I don't get quotes using VAX 1715. After runat I get server and runat="Server" as a Visual Assist suggestion.

What version of Visual Assist and Visual Studio do you use? Can you please go to:

VA Options -> System Info -> Copy Info

and paste the details (from the clipboard) into this thread. This will give us the basic information about your setup.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000