Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 Highlight current line

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
drac Posted - Feb 24 2009 : 09:31:12 AM
I find the current implementation of Highlight current line a bit overworked and wrong in the same time.

You have three choices:
Dotted box, Solid box, and Foreground and background.

None of them are correct for me, the only one which comes close
is the last one: Foreground and background.

But I only need the background to change, the change of the current
foreground is too much, I loose all of Visual Assists code highlighting, and more, all of it reduced to one color!

The Scintilla component used by Visual Assist works exactly the
way I want it! Go to VA Snippet Editor and see, only background changes to yellow!

Please fix this in the next version! Is it fixable?

Cheers.
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Feb 25 2009 : 11:08:49 AM
That may be true, but since a lot of our users are still working in VC6, and we also support VS2002, VS2003, VS2005 and VS2008 that is still going to leave a lot of users on older IDE's.
drac Posted - Feb 25 2009 : 06:58:40 AM
All of that will be history with the new and shiny Visual Studio 2010
http://blogs.msdn.com/jasonz/archive/2009/02/20/a-new-look-for-visual-studio-2010.aspx
feline Posted - Feb 24 2009 : 3:46:25 PM
I don't know what they are doing, so this is just a guess. I suspect they are drawing on top of the screen, after letting the IDE do its own thing.

Thats fine, but it does not let you do the things VA is trying to do. For example bold and italic text. You need to replace what the IDE wants to draw with what we want to draw for VA to work its magic, which is a very different process.
drac Posted - Feb 24 2009 : 11:38:02 AM
What does SlickEdit do? Do they redraw the whole UI? Do they know something you don't? :)
feline Posted - Feb 24 2009 : 10:19:30 AM
Given how VA has to work, without the IDE's knowledge or help, this is very hard to fix. The Scintilla component in the VA Snippet editor, we have full control here. In the IDE its self we have to work around the drawing that the IDE is doing.

You may find that the SlickEdit gadgets help. However please be aware that you can have problems if you run this and VA at the same time, as explained here:

http://docs.wholetomato.com?W276

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000