Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 Right-Click Refactor on Partial Classes

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
John_H_Bergman Posted - Mar 10 2009 : 6:42:46 PM
I have a partial class, that has about 15 or so parts (partial class extensions in other files).

When I right-click refactor and rename the class, it does not rename the class across all of the partial classes (even if they are in the same assembly).
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Mar 16 2009 : 1:54:11 PM
I do not understand.

What did VA rename, and what did VA not rename?

Was Find References finding the expected references? Find References and Rename should find the same items, but Find References is a better initial test, since it does not change anything. If this is clearly missing several references then we have a problem, and Rename is expected to show the same problem.

Using my simple default C# form project I have just renamed the partial class and all 3 files that VA had found via Find References were correctly updated by Rename.
John_H_Bergman Posted - Mar 12 2009 : 7:12:33 PM
I misspoke, it does find all of the partial class declarations; so I immediately tried to rename it, and it renamed the class that I right-clicked on, none of the other partial clasess, but it did rename all of the other references to the class.
feline Posted - Mar 11 2009 : 10:24:12 AM
That is unexpected. I have a very simple C# form project here, and when I trigger Find References on the partial class derived from form VA lists 3 files.

Do you have the time to create a default C# form and trigger Find References on the main form class name, and see how many files VA finds?

I am testing in VS2005 and VA 1715.
John_H_Bergman Posted - Mar 11 2009 : 03:46:44 AM
It only lists the current file
feline Posted - Mar 10 2009 : 8:35:20 PM
If you trigger Find References on this class, how many files does VA list? Does it only list the current file, or does it find some of these 15 files?

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000