Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 1715: WindowBlinds causes problems

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
MrDoomMaster Posted - Mar 14 2009 : 7:39:53 PM
Hey VAX Team,

If you guys have never heard of WindowBlinds, it's basically a program that does some special things to apply visual themes to Windows. I notice that when I use WindowBlinds to apply any theme to Windows XP it causes the ALT+G popup context menu text to not display.

Would it be possible for you guys to test this and see if you can reproduce? I'm not sure if this is an issue with VAX or Window Blinds.
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Mar 16 2009 : 10:54:36 AM
There are known problems with Window Blinds and some VA menu's - see the screen shot in this FAQ entry:

http://docs.wholetomato.com?W270

If this is the problem you are seeing then you have to exclude the IDE from being skinned by Window Blinds.

If no alt-g menu is displayed then there will be no problem, which is probably what is happening for you RFOG.
RFOG Posted - Mar 16 2009 : 07:08:55 AM
In my Visual Studio 2008SP1 in a Windows Vista x64, pressing Alt-G changes from header to source showing the selected method. I have installed WindowBlinds too. AFAIK WindowBlinds does not use Alt-G.
kevinsikes Posted - Mar 14 2009 : 11:47:50 PM
If WindowBlinds has registered a global hotkey for Alt+G, then that would explain it. Does Alt+G perform some action while you are sitting at an empty desktop?

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000