Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 Detection of IMGSource functions

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
ajtruckle Posted - Mar 16 2009 : 03:21:07 AM
Hello

I am using 10.2.1440.0 build with Visual Studio C++ 2005.

I notice for IMGSource (www.smalleranimals.com) that the functions are not being displayed.

Here is an example of the IS40_GuessFileType function declaration:

_ISDeclSpec UINT32 _ISCConv _ISFnDeco( IS40_GuessFileType )(HISSRC hSource);

Can this be resolved?

Andrew
30   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
ajtruckle Posted - Apr 10 2009 : 5:29:29 PM
Thanks for helping me earlier.

I have just ordered the new upgrade and I associated the upgrade with this case ID.

I await the new license details.

Andrew
feline Posted - Apr 10 2009 : 3:28:36 PM
I have just emailed you about this, via

case=25817
ajtruckle Posted - Apr 10 2009 : 2:55:09 PM
I am GMT time zone

If you can tell me how to let you connect to my PC you could do it right now.

Andrew
feline Posted - Apr 10 2009 : 2:51:57 PM
Alt-g fails because VA does not understand that these are functions. The problem is the macro parsing. We need to find out what is causing that problem.

In the second test solution, how much of the file "func_macros.h" can you delete and still see the problem? If you delete from line 5 to line 376 do you still get the problem?

Please keep the line:

#define _Feline8607_ComplexFucMacro(functionName) functionName

in VA's StdAfx.h file. I am trying to find the simplest test case that fails.

Connecting to your PC, which time zone are you in?
ajtruckle Posted - Apr 10 2009 : 05:47:21 AM
1. Nothing displays.

2. Still doesn't show.

Can't you just give me a small routine to run that shows something when alt-g is clicked? You need to find how that is being intercepted.

Either that or just get this current licencse valid, or do a rmeote into my pc ...

Andrew
feline Posted - Apr 09 2009 : 12:34:22 PM
I have the results, but I am not quite sure what to make of them. Lets start with a simple item, you said:

// AJT This one showed in list but offered no parameters
Feline8607_SimplerTestCppGlobal1();

If you type this function, place the caret in the brackets, and press CTRL-SHIFT-SPACE to show the parameter info tooltip what, if anything, happens? This is what I am seeing:

and alt-g on the function make works correctly, taking me to the prototype further up this file.

Can you try adding:

#define _Feline8607_ComplexFucMacro(functionName) functionName

to your VA StdAfx.h file, rebuilding the VA symbol database, and see if this fixes the problem with the final test, the function name "Feline8607_HeaderLibraryComplex()" ?
ajtruckle Posted - Apr 08 2009 : 2:40:22 PM
I have tried the test and had some issues. I have sent results via a form.

Andrew
feline Posted - Apr 07 2009 : 5:29:56 PM
Lets try this. Can you please download and open this test solution:

http://forum.wholetomato.com/colin/forumimages/8607_func_macro_test2.zip

It is the same test solution as before, but I have added more tests to it. If you open the file "func_macro_test.cpp" and go to the bottom I am interested in tests 2 to 6. Tests 2 - 5 should all pass. Test 6 is where things get more interesting.

Hopefully we can start to draw some conclusions from this.
ajtruckle Posted - Apr 07 2009 : 01:44:32 AM
OK. I wait to hear from you in due course.

Andrew
feline Posted - Apr 06 2009 : 6:55:04 PM
I have the log files, thank you for these. I have asked our developers if they offer any clues. I am also going to try and setup another test case for you to try, to try and see when the problem shows up.

case=25696
ajtruckle Posted - Apr 04 2009 : 4:22:54 PM
OK, I just sent a new set of logs. Does it help?

Andrew
sean Posted - Apr 04 2009 : 11:34:11 AM
When you re-do the log, please make sure to enable logging before you open the solution.

re: the local stdafx.h file, that is correct - just wanted to make sure everyone was thinking of the same thing.
ajtruckle Posted - Apr 04 2009 : 01:54:01 AM
I am now on a different computer. From memory the .log file you want was in the top level of C drive. Oops, I did not fully read the instructions. :) Sorry. I will re-do the log a second time when I am next on my VS2005 PC.

AS for local stdafx file without re-reading this conversation thread I would take it that refers to my VA version in the documents and settings folder, as I was instructed to modify.

Andrew

sean Posted - Apr 03 2009 : 9:28:39 PM
In some of your previous posts, you mentioned that you edited your local copy of stdafx.h. You also mentioned that after installing a new version of VA that your changes were still present. What does "local copy of stdafx.h" mean?
sean Posted - Apr 03 2009 : 9:14:52 PM
The contact form has a problem with large attachments but we have your zip now. For diagnosing this type of problem, the most important file to submit is the va.log file as described here:
http://docs.wholetomato.com?W305
It was not included in the zip.
ajtruckle Posted - Apr 03 2009 : 1:24:00 PM
The file is 6mb. When I send it then comes up with:

File not Found
The file you requested cannot be found on our site.

Try browsing one of the following links:

Andrew
ajtruckle Posted - Apr 03 2009 : 1:15:42 PM
Odd

provide me an email address. I send that way
feline Posted - Apr 03 2009 : 12:52:31 PM
This is why I asked for the log files. When you submit the log files via the form:

http://www.wholetomato.com/support/contact.asp

you should get an email reply, confirming the report has been sent to us, and giving you a case number. If you do not get this then there may have been a problem uploading the log files.
ajtruckle Posted - Apr 03 2009 : 12:31:43 PM
I think I need some kind of debug routine from you because pressing alt-g on the function does nothing. If you have a special routine with debug info you can work out where it goes wrong on my pc.

Andrew
feline Posted - Apr 03 2009 : 11:16:18 AM
Which version is this version?

You can renew your current license key via this page:

http://www.wholetomato.com/purchase/default.asp

Or I can ask our sales department to look up your current license key.

I am not quite ready to give up on this problem. VA handles this code correctly for me, there must be something interfering with VA on your system, we just need to find it.
ajtruckle Posted - Apr 03 2009 : 11:00:51 AM
Hi

Just tried, doesn't seem to work.

Sorry.

I think we have to agree it won't work for me for some reason. Can you re-organise a valid licence for me for this version.

Thanks for your help.

Andrew
feline Posted - Apr 03 2009 : 10:22:07 AM
I am not finding any sign of any log files, or any recent messages from you.

Can you try turning on deep macro parsing, as explained in this FAQ entry:

http://docs.wholetomato.com?W363

hopefully this will fix the problem you are seeing.
ajtruckle Posted - Apr 01 2009 : 12:13:50 PM
Hopefully you have received some logging files from me now.

Andrew
feline Posted - Mar 31 2009 : 11:58:58 AM
I am really not sure what to make of this.

Lets see if VA log files off any clues. Can you return the machine to this simplified state, with the platform set to Custom, and load the test solution I uploaded.

Then please enable VA logging, and then manually reparse "func_macro_test.cpp" and "ISource.h" with the command

VAssistX -> Tools -> Reparse Current File

Please see this FAQ for details of turning on VA's logging, and sending us the log files

http://docs.wholetomato.com?W305
ajtruckle Posted - Mar 30 2009 : 2:45:15 PM
1. F drive is a internal HDD on my computer. Originally my libraries were on C drivem but I moved them to the F drive.

2. I did as you said. I noticed in the custom setting that the legacy 2.1 image source libraries was listed, although I was using win32 which had the F path listed.

3. I made the changes, used your project, did the rebuild, and teh first alt-g works with the #include line. But ethe source function call does not. Nothing happens.

Sorry. Maybe you can remote into my computer?

Andrew
feline Posted - Mar 30 2009 : 12:21:42 PM
*sigh* somewhere there is a critical difference, which we need to find. This just works, all the time, for me.

What is F drive? A local hard drive? Some form of mapped network drive? A directory mapped to a drive letter via subst? Something even more odd?

Of is F a typo? There is no F drive in the stable include list on the first page of this forum thread?

If you have the time can you please try the following test. It should only take a few minutes. Go into VA options dialog and set

VA Options -> Projects -> C/C++ Directories -> Platform = Custom

Then trim the directory list slightly, so it becomes:

Stable Includes:
C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\\VC\\include;
C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\\VC\\atlmfc\\include;
C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\\VC\\PlatformSDK\\include;
C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\\SDK\\v2.0\\include;

Stable Source Directories:
C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\\VC\\atlmfc\\src\\mfc;
C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\\VC\\atlmfc\\src\\mfcm;
C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\\VC\\atlmfc\\src\\atl;
C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\\VC\\crt\\src;

When you close and reload the IDE this will trigger a VA symbol database rebuild. Since you are editing the Custom platform settings your main settings remain untouched.

Instead of loading your main solution please load the test solution I uploaded:

http://forum.wholetomato.com/colin/forumimages/8607_func_macro_test.zip

this should show the problem, since VA will not even be able to find the header file "ISource.h". From this known base state can you please download and extract:

http://www.smalleranimals.com/zips/ImgSource4/islibs40_vs05.zip

into the directory "islibs40_vs05" in the the root of C drive, so that you end up with the file:

C:\\islibs40_vs05\\ISource.h

Since this directory has already been added to the C++ additional include directories of the project I uploaded, after an IDE restart VA should be able to find the "ISource.h" file. What results do you get?

The reason I am asking you to re-download the library is to make sure we are using the same version of the library.

At this point we should be looking at identically configured systems, so we should get the same results. At least that is the theory.
ajtruckle Posted - Mar 28 2009 : 08:55:21 AM
I can't seem to get any of them working. I tried putting into ISource header and stdafx header. I did a full rebuild and a reparse too.

Andrew
feline Posted - Mar 27 2009 : 7:17:54 PM
We have VA log files, but I am honestly not sure if they will help of not. On the surface everything is working perfectly here, except the end result is wrong. There has to be some other factor at work on your system.

Looking at the problem function I realise I have made a big assumption, I assumed the other two macro's were not a problem. Can you please copy and paste the following function prototypes into a header file and see what happens:

_ISDeclSpec void     	_ISCConv _ISFnDeco( Feline8607_SimplerTest1 )(const char *pKey);
_ISDeclSpec void _ISFnDeco( Feline8607_SimplerTest2 )(const char *pKey);
void _ISCConv _ISFnDeco( Feline8607_SimplerTest3 )(const char *pKey);
void _ISFnDeco( Feline8607_SimplerTest4 )(const char *pKey);

Are any of these functions coloured as functions?
Are any of them suggested / included in listboxes when you type in code?

What about after an IDE restart?

If you copy and paste them into "ISource.h" its self, which will be the ultimate test, please use the button:

VA Options -> Performance -> Rebuild symbol databases

and restart the IDE before reaching any final conclusions. Since this header file is in your stable include directories VA does not expect it to change very often.
ajtruckle Posted - Mar 27 2009 : 06:45:33 AM
Is it not possible to run some small debugging routine or something to trace why this is happening?
ajtruckle Posted - Mar 25 2009 : 5:29:59 PM
I am using:

f:\\my libraries\\imgsource

and the VX stable folders lists this directory.

Andrew

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000