Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 Extract method and trailing blank line

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
kimgr Posted - Mar 18 2009 : 06:07:49 AM
Hello,

When I use Extract Method the new method is usually added to the bottom of my current .cpp file. This is all well and good.

However, the almighty C++ standard requires that every translation unit ends with a blank line, and you don't add that after the last closing brace.

Granted, most, if not all, compilers accept translation units without a trailing line, but some tools such as PC-Lint highlight it as a problem.

Any chance you could throw in an extra CR/LF or LF, depending on the file's current default?

Thanks,
- Kim
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
kimgr Posted - Mar 18 2009 : 11:52:46 AM
Hi feline,

Thanks, I didn't know the refactorings were snippets, too.

That should definitely do it for me.

Cheers,
- Kim
feline Posted - Mar 18 2009 : 10:52:57 AM
We are considering a feature to make sure there is a blank line at the end of the file, when you are editing:

case=158

To fix Extract Method simply edit the VA Snippet "Refactor Extract Method" for C++ and add an extra blank line at the end of this snippet, which will then be inserted when you trigger Extract Method.

http://www.wholetomato.com/products/features/vasnippets.asp

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000